On Saturday, February 9th, Iowa took on Northwestern and topped the Wildcats 71-57 in conference play. The Hawkeyes now have a record of 0-5 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Hawkeyes got the win with a game-high 21 points and five rebounds from Roy Devyn Marble. Melsahn Basabe also had a solid game, scoring eight points and adding three rebounds. Alex Olah got six points and four rebounds for the Wildcats. Next up for Iowa (15-9, 4-7 Big Ten) is Penn State (8-14, 0-10 Big Ten) on Thursday, February 14th on the road.
Iowa Game Notes
- The last time Iowa started the season 15-9 was 2001.
- Iowa beat the spread by six points. That makes the 11th time this season the Hawkeyes have beaten the spread.
- Iowa has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) when its field goal percentage has been 48.0 percent or better.
- Iowa has won every game this season (8-0) when opponents record 57 or fewer total points.
- Iowa has won every game this season (8-0) after holding an opponent to under 24.0 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Iowa has won 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Roy Devyn Marble has 21 points or more and 73 percent of the time (8-3) when Aaron White has five free throws made or more.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--Iowa has a 17.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Roy Devyn Marble and Josh Oglesby) accounted for 43.6 percent of the points.
- Roy Devyn Marble has led the team in scoring in six out of 24 games this season.
- Aaron White has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 24 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Roy Devyn Marble's career.
Northwestern Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Jared Swopshire and Reggie Hearn) accounted for 41.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Reggie Hearn has led the team in scoring nine times in 24 games this season.
- Jared Swopshire has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 24 games this season.