Washington vs. USC: Full Game Preview
|Washington||C Wilcox 18.1||A N`Diaye 9.7||A Gaddy 4.0|
|USC||E Wise 12.3||D Dedmon 6.8||J Fontan 5.0|
Washington visits Galen Center on Sunday to take on USC. It starts at 10 p.m. EST and you can catch it on FSN. The Huskies are 5-3 against the Trojans over the last four years. The last time they met (Mar. 1, 2012) they won 80-58.
This game will undo the logjam of these two teams at sixth place in the Pac 12.
In their last outing, despite 15 points and 7 rebounds from C.J Wilcox, the Huskies fell to UCLA 59-57 on Feb. 7. At 18.1, he paces the team in points per game. In a 72-68 victory over Washington State on Feb. 7, Byron Wesley put up 20 points and 8 rebounds for the Trojans. He contributes 4.6 rebounds per game in addition to his 10.4 points per game.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Washington currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (979 to 960) than USC, per the NCAA.
- It's only wins and losses, but Washington has a better overall record than USC this season (13-10 vs. 10-13).
- Washington has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than USC (No. 48 vs. No. 59).
- The Washington rebounding leader (Aziz N`Diaye, 222 rebounds) has more rebounds than the USC rebounding leader (Dewayne Dedmon, 157 rebounds).
- Washington is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Washington is 78.8 inches compared to 77.4 inches for USC.
- Washington has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than USC ($19,135 vs. $53,956).
- Washington embarrassed USC by 22 points the last time they played (Mar 01, 2012).
- The Washington three-point leader (C.J Wilcox, 55 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the USC three-point leader (JT Terrell, 42 three-pointers).
- Desmond Simmons is ranked 9th in the Pac 12 in rebounds.
- Washington has a much better overall winning percentage over the last five years (68.9 percent to 47.4 percent).
- That must sting. Washington has blown out USC by 20 points or more on seven occasions since 1997.
|C||Shawn Kemp Jr||15||6||2||0||0||1||1|