UMD Eastern Shore 44
(1-18, 0-13 away)
(6-18, 5-5 home)
Venue: Burr Gymnasium
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, February 09, 2013
|UMD Eastern Shore
|UMD Eastern Shore
||O Kosile 11
||O Kosile 10
||T Trim 1
||M Phillips 21
||A Leary 9
||T Lee 4
Maryland-Eastern Shore shot just 27% from the field and was destroyed by Howard 63-44 in conference play on Saturday, February 9th. Olatunji Kosile picked up a double-double in the Hawks loss including a team-high 11 points and 10 rebounds. Kevin Mays had nine points and added seven rebounds. For the Bison, Mike Phillips finished with a season-high 21 points and six rebounds. Maryland-Eastern Shore (1-18, 1-6 MEAC) takes on Norfolk State (14-10, 9-0 MEAC) on Monday, February 11th on the road.
Maryland-Eastern Shore Game Notes
- The last time UMES started the season 1-18 was 2004.
- UMES set season lows for assists (five) and total points (44).
- The Hawks have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 10 games.
- Maryland-Eastern Shore has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past six games.
- The top two scorers (Olatunji Kosile and Kevin Mays) accounted for 45.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Olatunji Kosile and Kevin Mays) accounted for 42.5 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (19) than the starters (16).
- Olatunji Kosile recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Olatunji Kosile recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
Howard Game Notes
- Alphonso Leary recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with eight.
- Mike Phillips accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- Mike Phillips has led the team in scoring nine times in 24 games this season.
- Alphonso Leary has led the team in rebounding nine times in 24 games this season.
- Tre Lee set career highs with 18 points, six field goals made, and three three-pointers.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Mike Phillips's career.
- Mike Phillips has three straight double-digit point games.
|-||D. Williams II||6||2||0||0||0||0||2|