(4-21, 1-12 away)
(10-13, 8-4 home)
Venue: Winthrop Coliseum
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, February 09, 2013
||M Kessens 15
||T Carey 6
||L Woodhouse 7
||G Gamble 18
||J Bourne 7
||R King 4
Winthrop faced off with Longwood on Saturday, February 9th and was beaten at home by the Lancers 62-56 in conference play. The Eagles were paced by Gideon Gamble, who got a season-high 18 points and two rebounds. Joab Jerome had 14 points and added five rebounds. For the Lancers, Tristan Carey got 12 points and six rebounds. This makes three losses in a row for the Eagles. The next game will be on Wednesday, February 13th when Winthrop (10-13, 4-7 Big South) hosts Charleston Southern (12-8, 7-2 Big South).
Winthrop Game Notes
- The last time Winthrop started the season 10-13 was 1996.
- Winthrop has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after recording 28 or fewer rebounds.
- The Eagles have lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after having a three-point percentage of 25.0 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 40.0 percent or better this season, Winthrop has lost 75 percent of the time (2-6).
- Winthrop set a season low for blocks (zero).
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Winthrop has a 5.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Gideon Gamble accounted for 32.1 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (James Bourne and Joab Jerome) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Gideon Gamble has led the team in scoring in eight out of 23 games this season.
- James Bourne has led the team in rebounding in five out of 23 games this season.
- Gideon Gamble had a career high with seven field goals made.
Longwood Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Michael Kessens and David Robinson) accounted for 45.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tristan Carey and Michael Kessens) accounted for 42.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Michael Kessens has led the team in scoring 10 times in 25 games this season.
- Tristan Carey has led the team in rebounding five times in 25 games this season.
- Michael Kessens has five straight double-digit point games.
- Tristan Carey has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- David Robinson set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.