West Virginia got a victory on the road against TCU 63-50 in Big 12 action on Saturday, February 9th. The Mountaineers go to 0-4 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. Aaric Murray had an impressive game for the Mountaineers and put up seven points plus six rebounds. Terry Henderson had a game-high 17 points. For the Horned Frogs, Connell Crossland got a career-high 13 points and nine rebounds. The next game will be on Wednesday, February 13th when West Virginia (12-11, 5-5 Big 12) goes to Baylor (14-8, 5-4 Big 12).
West Virginia Game Notes
- The win over TCU extended the West Virginia winning streak to three games.
- WVU beat the spread by six points. That makes the 8th time this season the Mountaineers have beaten the spread.
- West Virginia has won every game this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 51.2 percent or better.
- The Mountaineers have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 17 or more assists.
- WVU has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 36.2 percent field goal percentage.
- WVU has won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) when opponents record five or fewer steals.
- The Mountaineers set a season high for three-point percentage (70.0).
- The last time WVU had a three-point percentage of 70.0 percent or higher was Jan 01, 2010 against Purdue.
- WVU set a season low for rebounds (23).
- The top two scorers (Terry Henderson and Eron Harris) accounted for 49.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Aaric Murray and Jabarie Hinds) accounted for 43.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Terry Henderson has led the team in scoring in three out of 23 games this season.
- Aaric Murray has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 23 games this season.
- Eron Harris has three straight double-digit point games.
TCU Game Notes
- Kyan Anderson accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Connell Crossland and Adrick McKinney) accounted for 41.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Kyan Anderson has led the team in scoring six times in 23 games this season.
- Connell Crossland has led the team in rebounding eight times in 23 games this season.
- Connell Crossland set career highs with 13 points and five offensive rebounds.
- Devonta Abron set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.