East Tenn State 49
(8-18, 4-10 away)
(10-14, 6-5 home)
Venue: Edmunds Center
3:15PM ET / 12:15PM PT, February 09, 2013
|East Tenn State
|East Tenn State
||J Jones 17
||H Harris 10
||P McClain 3
||A Graham 15
||W Green 11
||C Perez 4
On Saturday, February 9th, East Tennessee State held on to beat Stetson 62-61 in conference play. East Tennessee State trailed 38-26 at the half, but came back in the second half and pulled out the win. The Buccaneers now have a record of 0-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Jarvis Jones played well for the Buccaneers and got a game-high 17 points plus four rebounds. Hunter Harris played his way to a double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds. For the Hatters, Willie Green got five points and 11 rebounds. Next up for East Tennessee State (8-18, 6-7 Atlantic Sun) is Kennesaw State (3-21, 2-10 Atlantic Sun) on Thursday, February 14th at home.
East Tennessee State Game Notes
- The last time ETSU started the season 7-19 was 1996.
- The Buccaneers have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, East Tennessee State is 32-31 in close games.
- East Tennessee State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-11) after recording nine or fewer assists.
- The Buccaneers have lost 92 percent of the time this season (1-12) after having a three-point percentage of 33.3 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 38 or more rebounds this season, East Tennessee State has lost 92 percent of the time (1-11).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 42.3 percent or better this season, East Tennessee State has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition records 16 or more assists this season, East Tennessee State has lost 88 percent of the time (2-14).
- The Buccaneers set a season high for steals (12).
- The last time ETSU recorded at least 12 steals was Feb 25, 2012 against Florida Gulf Coast.
- Jarvis Jones accounted for 34.6 percent of the team's points.
- Hunter Harris accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jarvis Jones has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 26 games this season.
- Hunter Harris has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 26 games this season.
- Jarvis Jones has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Hunter Harris recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Hunter Harris recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- John Walton had career highs with nine rebounds and five steals.
Stetson Game Notes
- The Hatters won this one, but have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Stetson is 23-25 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Aaron Graham and Adam Pegg) accounted for 45.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Willie Green and Adam Pegg) accounted for 44.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Willie Green has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 24 games this season.
- Willie Green recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Willie Green set career highs with 11 rebounds and seven defensive rebounds.
- Aaron Graham set a career high with five three-pointers.
- Adam Pegg has 19 straight double-digit point games.