(10-14, 0-10 away)
Venue: Bartow Arena
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, February 09, 2013
||D Kane 23
||N Spikes 10
||T Manning 5
||R Rucker 18
||R Rucker 10
||T Jones 6
Marshall was clipped by UAB 75-61 in conference play on Saturday, February 9th. The Thundering Herd were led by DeAndre Kane, who put up a game-high 23 points and three rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). Nigel Spikes had six points and added 10 rebounds. Rod Rucker recorded a double-double for the Blazers on a team-high 18 points and 10 rebounds. This makes three losses in a row for the Thundering Herd. Marshall (10-14, 3-6 C-USA) gets Rice (5-16, 1-7 C-USA) at home on Wednesday, February 13th.
Marshall Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:33 left to go.
- The last time Marshall started the season 10-14 was 2005.
- Marshall has lost 89 percent of the time this season (1-8) after recording 61 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.2 percent or better this season, Marshall has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records nine or more three-pointers this season, Marshall has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 19 or more assists this season, Marshall has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- Marshall has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past six games.
- DeAndre Kane accounted for 37.7 percent of the team's points.
- Nigel Spikes accounted for 34.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- DeAndre Kane has led the team in scoring in seven out of 24 games this season.
- Nigel Spikes has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 24 games this season.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of DeAndre Kane's career.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Dennis Tinnon.
- Nigel Spikes recorded the 15th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Nigel Spikes had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- Elijah Pittman has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Robert Goff.
UAB Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Rod Rucker and Preston Purifoy) accounted for 44.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Rod Rucker and Fahro Alihodzic) accounted for 51.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Rod Rucker has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 17 times in 24 games this season.
- Rod Rucker recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Rod Rucker recorded a double-double. It was the ninth of his career.
- Fahro Alihodzic set a career high with five offensive rebounds.