(10-14, 0-10 away)
Venue: Bartow Arena
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, February 09, 2013
||D Kane 23
||N Spikes 10
||T Manning 5
||R Rucker 18
||R Rucker 10
||T Jones 6
UAB defeated Marshall 75-61 in C-USA play on Saturday, February 9th. Rod Rucker picked up a double-double in the win including a team-high 18 points and 10 rebounds. Preston Purifoy had 15 points and added four rebounds. DeAndre Kane got a game-high 23 points and three rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl) for the Thundering Herd. This makes three wins in a row for the Blazers. UAB (11-13, 3-6 C-USA) gets East Carolina (13-8, 4-4 C-USA) on the road on Wednesday, February 13th.
UAB Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:33 left to go.
- The last time UAB started the season 11-13 was 2001.
- UAB beat the spread by nine points. That makes the 8th time this season the Blazers have beaten the spread.
- UAB has won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) when its field goal percentage has been 48.2 percent or better.
- The Blazers have won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after recording 19 or more assists.
- UAB has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 61 or fewer total points.
- This season UAB has won 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Terence Jones has six assists or more.
- The Blazers set a season high for three-point percentage (56.3).
- The last time UAB had a three-point percentage of 56.3 percent or higher was Dec 31, 2011 against Alabama A&M.
- UAB set a season low for blocks (zero).
- The Blazers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--UAB has a 9.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Rod Rucker and Preston Purifoy) accounted for 44.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Rod Rucker and Fahro Alihodzic) accounted for 51.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Rod Rucker has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 17 times in 24 games this season.
- Rod Rucker recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Rod Rucker recorded a double-double. It was the ninth of his career.
- Fahro Alihodzic had a career high with five offensive rebounds.
Marshall Game Notes
- DeAndre Kane accounted for 37.7 percent of the team's points.
- Nigel Spikes accounted for 34.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- DeAndre Kane has led the team in scoring seven times in 24 games this season.
- Nigel Spikes has led the team in rebounding eight times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of DeAndre Kane's career.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Dennis Tinnon.
- Nigel Spikes recorded the 15th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Nigel Spikes set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- Elijah Pittman has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Robert Goff.