Eastern Washington 77
(7-17, 1-12 away)
Northern Arizona 74
(9-15, 5-6 home)
Venue: Walkup Skydome
3:05PM ET / 12:05PM PT, February 09, 2013
||P Kelly 19
||J Forbes 8
||K Winford 5
||G Rogers 25
||S Saldivar 11
||S Saldivar 10
On Saturday, February 9th, Northern Arizona allowed 42 points from three-point territory to Eastern Washington and let one slip away to the Eagles 77-74 in overtime. With the loss, the Lumberjacks stay winless against Eastern Washington this season at 0-2. Stallon Saldivar secured a rare triple-double in the Lumberjacks loss including a season-high 13 points, 11 rebounds, and 10 assists. Gaellen Bewernick had eight points and added 11 rebounds. For the Eagles, Tyler Harvey finished with a career-high 14 points and two rebounds. Next up for Northern Arizona (9-15, 6-8 Big Sky) is Northern Colorado (6-15, 4-9 Big Sky) on Thursday, February 14th on the road.
Northern Arizona Game Notes
- Northern Arizona has played in two overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Lumberjacks have played in 11 overtime games with a record of 3-8.
- The Lumberjacks have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Northern Arizona is 23-28 in close games.
- Northern Arizona has lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after recording three or fewer three-pointers.
- Northern Arizona has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after committing 19 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records six or more blocks this season, Northern Arizona has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 77 or more total points this season, Northern Arizona has lost 87 percent of the time (2-13).
- The Lumberjacks set a season high for rebounds (41).
- This is the third loss of the season where the Lumberjacks opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--NAU has a 1.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Gabe Rogers accounted for 33.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Gaellen Bewernick and Stallon Saldivar) accounted for 53.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Gabe Rogers has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 24 games this season.
- Gaellen Bewernick has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 24 games this season.
- This game was the sixth double-digit assist game of Stallon Saldivar's career.
- Stallon Saldivar recorded a triple-double. It was the first of his career.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of Gabe Rogers's career.
- Gabe Rogers has three straight 20+ point games.
- Gaellen Bewernick recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Michael Dunn.
Eastern Washington Game Notes
- The Eagles won this one, but have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Eastern Washington is 26-28 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Parker Kelly and Tyler Harvey) accounted for 42.8 percent of the points.
- Jeffrey Forbes set a career high with eight rebounds.
- Kevin Winford set a career high with four steals.
- Parker Kelly set career highs with 19 points, six field goals made, and five three-pointers.