Eastern Washington 77
(7-17, 1-12 away)
Northern Arizona 74
(9-15, 5-6 home)
Venue: Walkup Skydome
3:05PM ET / 12:05PM PT, February 09, 2013
||P Kelly 19
||J Forbes 8
||K Winford 5
||G Rogers 25
||S Saldivar 11
||S Saldivar 10
On a day when they scored 42 points from beyond the three-point line, Eastern Washington held on to beat Northern Arizona 77-74 in overtime. With a record of 2-0, the Eagles stay unbeaten against Northern Arizona this season. The Eagles were led by Tyler Harvey, who got a career-high 14 points plus two rebounds. Jeffrey Forbes had 10 points and added eight rebounds. Stallon Saldivar accomplished a rare feat with a triple-double for the Lumberjacks on a season-high 13 points, 11 rebounds, and 10 assists. Eastern Washington (7-17, 5-9 Big Sky) takes on Southern Utah (10-12, 8-5 Big Sky) on Saturday, February 16th on their home court.
Eastern Washington Game Notes
- The last time EWU started the season 7-17 was 2004.
- EWU beat the spread by 9.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Eagles have beaten the spread.
- Eastern Washington has played in three overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Eagles have played in 11 overtime games with a record of 5-6.
- The Eagles have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Eastern Washington is 26-28 in close games.
- Eastern Washington has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past nine games.
- This is the second win of the season where the Eagles came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Parker Kelly and Tyler Harvey) accounted for 42.8 percent of the points.
- Jeffrey Forbes had a career high with eight rebounds.
- Kevin Winford had a career high with four steals.
- Parker Kelly had career highs with 19 points, six field goals made, and five three-pointers.
Northern Arizona Game Notes
- The Lumberjacks have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Northern Arizona is 23-28 in close games.
- Gabe Rogers accounted for 33.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Gaellen Bewernick and Stallon Saldivar) accounted for 53.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Gabe Rogers has led the team in scoring 12 times in 24 games this season.
- Gaellen Bewernick has led the team in rebounding eight times in 24 games this season.
- This game was the sixth double-digit assist game of Stallon Saldivar's career.
- Stallon Saldivar recorded a triple-double. It was the first of his career.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of Gabe Rogers's career.
- Gabe Rogers has three straight 20+ point games.
- Gaellen Bewernick recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Michael Dunn.