SE Louisiana 73
(9-12, 3-10 away)
Nicholls State 62
(6-15, 4-3 home)
Venue: Stopher Gym
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, February 09, 2013
||B Fortenberry 30
||R Johnson 8
||D Evans 4
||F Hunter 20
||T Carpenter 11
||D Thomas 3
On Saturday, February 9th, Nicholls State took on Southeastern Louisiana and lost on their home court to the Lions 73-62 in conference play. The Colonels are still looking for their first win over an AP-Ranked team this season (0-2). Fred Hunter put up his third straight game with 20 points or more for the Colonels, scoring a team-high 20 points on 67% shooting in 28 minutes. Fred Hunter put up a team-high 20 points plus nine rebounds in a losing effort. Dantrell Thomas had 15 points. Brandon Fortenberry got a season-high 30 points for the Lions, making 5 of 8 from three-point range. This makes three losses in a row for the Colonels. Nicholls State (6-15, 5-6 SLC) takes on Stephen F. Austin (19-2, 10-1 SLC) on Thursday, February 14th at home.
Nicholls State Game Notes
- Nicholls State started 6-15 during the 2011, 2007, and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- Nicholls State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-7) after recording 62 or fewer total points.
- Nicholls State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-8) after committing 12 or more turnovers.
- The Colonels have lost 86 percent of the time this season (1-6) after having a three-point percentage of 27.3 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 42.9 percent or better this season, Nicholls State has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.3 percent or better this season, Nicholls State has lost 83 percent of the time (2-10).
- When the opposition records five or more blocks this season, Nicholls State has lost 80 percent of the time (2-8).
- This is the sixth game at home this season--Nicholls State has a 0.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- T.J. Carpenter recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 11.
- Fred Hunter accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's points.
- T.J. Carpenter accounted for 34.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Fred Hunter has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 21 games this season.
- T.J. Carpenter has led the team in rebounding in four out of 21 games this season.
- T.J. Carpenter recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This marks the 27th 20-point game of Fred Hunter's career.
- Fred Hunter has three straight 20+ point games.
- Amin Torres has four straight double-digit point games.
Southeastern Louisiana Game Notes
- Brandon Fortenberry recorded a team season high in points with 30.
- Brandon Fortenberry accounted for 41.0 percent of the team's points.
- Brandon Fortenberry has led the team in scoring nine times in 21 games this season.
- Roosevelt Johnson has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Brandon Fortenberry's career.
- Brandon Fortenberry has five straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Fortenberry set career highs with 30 points, 10 field goals made, and five three-pointers.