(16-7, 8-5 away)
Venue: Retriever Activities Center
3:30PM ET / 12:30PM PT, February 09, 2013
||C Rugg 18
||B Voelkel 16
||S Carissimo 4
||J Getz 12
||J Getz 6
||J Getz 3
Vermont squared off with Maryland-Baltimore County on Saturday, February 9th and got a victory on the road against the Retrievers 67-55 in conference play. Vermont jumped out to a huge 34-19 lead at halftime and never let up. The Catamounts remain undefeated against Maryland-Baltimore County this season at 2-0. Brian Voelkel had an impressive game for the Catamounts and got six points and 16 rebounds. Clancy Rugg got a double-double with a game-high 18 points and 10 rebounds. For the Retrievers, Joey Getz finished with 12 points and six rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Catamounts. Vermont (16-7, 9-2 America East) takes on Boston University (12-11, 6-4 America East) on Tuesday, February 12th at home.
Vermont Game Notes
- The last time UVM started the season 16-7 was 2008.
- The win over Maryland-Baltimore County extended the Vermont winning streak to four games.
- The Catamounts have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 15 or more assists.
- Vermont has won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) when its three-point percentage has been 37.5 percent or better.
- UVM has won every game this season (13-0) when opponents record 55 or fewer total points.
- UVM has won 92 percent of the time this season (11-1) after holding an opponent to under 38.5 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Vermont has won 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Luke Apfeld has 13 points or more, 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Clancy Rugg plays 32 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Sandro Carissimo has five free throws made or more.
- The Catamounts set a season high for rebounds (42).
- The last time UVM recorded at least 42 rebounds was Mar 16, 2012 against North Carolina.
- The Catamounts have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past nine games.
- Brian Voelkel recorded a team season high in rebounds with 16.
- The top two scorers (Clancy Rugg and Trey Blue) accounted for 50.7 percent of the points.
- Brian Voelkel accounted for 38.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Clancy Rugg has led the team in scoring in seven out of 23 games this season.
- Brian Voelkel has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 23 games this season.
- Brian Voelkel recorded the 38th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Brian Voelkel had a career high with 16 rebounds.
- Clancy Rugg recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Clancy Rugg recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and fourth of his career.
- Clancy Rugg had a career high with six offensive rebounds.
Maryland-Baltimore County Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Brian Neller and Joey Getz) accounted for 43.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ryan Cook and Joey Getz) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Ryan Cook has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 24 games this season.
- Brian Neller has five straight double-digit point games.