(14-12, 9-7 away)
Georgia State 82
(12-14, 8-6 home)
Venue: GSU Sports Arena
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 09, 2013
||R Guthrie 23
||B Dixon 12
||R Guthrie 6
||M Atkins 26
||J Vincent 10
||D White 7
Georgia State lost on their home court to Towson 90-82 in overtime on Saturday, February 9th. The Panthers even the season series against Towson at 1-1 with the loss. Devonta White got a season-high 22 points plus seven assists in a losing effort. Manny Atkins had a game-high 26 points and added three rebounds. Bilal Dixon registered a double-double for the Tigers on 14 points and 12 rebounds. Georgia State (12-14, 7-6 CAA) gets Hofstra (6-18, 3-8 CAA) on their home court on Wednesday, February 13th.
Georgia State Game Notes
- The last time GSU started the season 12-14 was 2002.
- Georgia State has played in two overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Panthers have played in 18 overtime games with a record of 3-15.
- The Panthers have been unlucky eight times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Georgia State is 32-48 in close games.
- The Panthers have lost 90 percent of the time this season (1-9) after having a field goal percentage of 42.6 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 31 or more field goals made this season, Georgia State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 19 or more assists this season, Georgia State has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- The Panthers have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--GSU has a 4.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Devonta White recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 10.
- R.J. Hunter tallied a team season high in free throws attempted with 10.
- Manny Atkins accounted for 31.7 percent of the team's points.
- James Vincent accounted for 31.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Manny Atkins has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 26 games this season.
- James Vincent has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 26 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Manny Atkins's career.
- Manny Atkins has six straight double-digit point games.
- Manny Atkins had career highs with 26 points and nine field goals made.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Devonta White's career.
- Devonta White has 21 straight double-digit point games.
- R.J. Hunter has four straight double-digit point games.
- James Vincent recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- James Vincent had a career high with seven defensive rebounds.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Markus Crider.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Rashaad Richardson.
Towson Game Notes
- The Tigers won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Towson is 23-25 in close games.
- Jerome Hairston recorded a team season high in three-pointers with five.
- Rafriel Guthrie tallied a team season high in assists with six.
- The top two scorers (Rafriel Guthrie and Jerome Hairston) accounted for 44.4 percent of the points.
- Bilal Dixon accounted for 32.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Rafriel Guthrie has led the team in scoring three times in 26 games this season.
- Bilal Dixon has led the team in rebounding nine times in 26 games this season.
- Bilal Dixon recorded the 26th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Bilal Dixon recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and 13th of his career.
- Jerome Hairston has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Rafriel Guthrie's career.
- Marcus Damas has five straight double-digit point games.