South Florida 40
(10-13, 2-7 away)
(15-9, 9-4 home)
Venue: The Pavilion
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, February 09, 2013
||J Hawkins 13
||M Brock 5
||A Collins 1
||D Hilliard 17
||M Yarou 10
||R Arcidiacono 4
On a day when the Bulls mustered only 23% from the floor, Villanova trounced South Florida 68-40 in conference action. Villanova took a commanding 39-16 lead at halftime and never looked back. With the win, the Wildcats are now 2-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Wildcats got the win with nine points and 10 rebounds from Mouphtaou Yarou. JayVaughn Pinkston had 10 points and added five rebounds. Javontae Hawkins got a team-high 13 points and four rebounds for the Bulls. The next game will be on Tuesday, February 12th when Villanova (15-9, 6-5 Big East) travels to 17th-ranked Cincinnati (18-5, 6-4 Big East).
Villanova Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 10:55 left to go.
- Villanova started 15-9 during the 2007, 2000, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- Villanova beat the spread by 19 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- This was the fourth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Villanova has been on the winning end of 31 blowout games.
- The Wildcats have won every game this season (10-0) after recording seven or more three-pointers.
- Villanova has won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- Villanova has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 28 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Villanova has won 72 percent of the time (13-5) when JayVaughn Pinkston has 10 points or more and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Darrun Hilliard has six field goals made or more.
- The Wildcats have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Villanova has a 4.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Darrun Hilliard has led the team in scoring in five out of 24 games this season.
- Mouphtaou Yarou has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 24 games this season.
- Mouphtaou Yarou recorded the 27th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Darrun Hilliard has eight straight double-digit point games.
South Florida Game Notes
- This was the third blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, USF has been on the losing end of 17 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Bulls losing streak to six games.
- Javontae Hawkins accounted for 32.5 percent of the team's points.
- Toarlyn Fitzpatrick has led the team in rebounding nine times in 23 games this season.