James Madison vs. Drexel: Full Game Preview
|James Madison||R Goins 13.8||R Goins 7.9||D Moore 4.5|
|Drexel||D Lee 17.2||D McCoy 8.2||F Massenat 4.3|
On Sunday, Drexel hosts James Madison at Daskalakis Athletic Center. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST and you can see it on CSN-PHI, MA or CSS. The Dragons fell to the Dukes 51-43 on Jan. 12 and are 4-5 against them over the last four years.
Drexel is in seventh place in the conference, James Madison is in third place.
The Dragons were defeated by Old Dominion 78-66 on Feb. 7 despite 18 points from Derrick Thomas. He contributes 2.7 rebounds per game in addition to his 7.9 points per game. For the Dukes, Devon Moore put up 17 points and 12 assists in the 81-71 win over William & Mary on Feb. 6. He is averaging 11 points per game and leads the team in assists with 4.5 per game. From a tempo-free perspective, James Madison is strong in turnover percentage at 18.2 percent. This is good enough for first in the conference and 65th in the nation.
James Madison StatSmack
- Drexel has come back to win after being down at half against James Madison three times since 2009.
- Drexel has a better record on the road than James Madison this season (6-5 vs. 2-7).
- Drexel has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (57.6 percent to 39.3 percent).
- Drexel has an average margin of victory of 12 over James Madison in 16 wins since 1995.
- That must sting. Drexel has blown out James Madison by 20 points or more on four occasions since 2002.
- Daryl McCoy is ranked 6th in the CAA in rebounds.
- Drexel has been the favorite 16 out of the last 20 times.
- Even computers respect Drexel more. Drexel has a better RPI this season than James Madison (RPI: No. 204 vs. No. 225).
- The Drexel three-point leader (Damion Lee, 44 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the James Madison three-point leader (A.J. Davis, 38 three-pointers).
- Drexel has more wins over the last 5 years than James Madison (102 vs. 94).
- Drexel players are more experienced than James Madison players (16,756 minutes played vs. 15,626 minutes played).