North Carolina 61
(16-7, 4-5 away)
(8) Miami 87
(19-3, 11-2 home)
Venue: BankUnited Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 09, 2013
||R Bullock 14
||R Bullock 7
||M Paige 4
||S Larkin 18
||D Scott 6
||S Larkin 9
North Carolina was outscored 45-18 from beyond the arc by No. 8 Miami (FL) and was destroyed by the Hurricanes 87-61 in conference play on Saturday, February 9th. North Carolina was never really in this one, as they trailed 44-27 at halftime and couldn't get back into it. The Tar Heels go to 1-3 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the loss. Jackson Simmons put up four points and five rebounds in the Tar Heels loss. Reggie Bullock also had a solid outing, scoring a team-high 14 points and adding seven rebounds. Durand Scott finished with 17 points and six rebounds (5 Ast 3 Stl) for the Hurricanes. North Carolina (16-7, 6-4 ACC) heads to fourth-ranked Duke (20-2, 7-2 ACC) on Wednesday, February 13th.
North Carolina Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:22 left to go.
- The last time UNC started the season 16-7 was 2003.
- Prior to this game, UNC played 46 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 25-21.
- North Carolina has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording 61 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records six or more blocks this season, North Carolina has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 31 or more field goals made this season, North Carolina has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- UNC set season lows for free throws made (five) and rebounds (29).
- North Carolina has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past seven games.
- The top two scorers (Reggie Bullock and P.J. Hairston) accounted for 40.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Reggie Bullock and Jackson Simmons) accounted for 41.3 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (35) than the starters (26).
- Reggie Bullock has led the team in scoring six times and in rebounding 6 times in 23 games this season.
- Reggie Bullock has three straight double-digit point games.
Miami (FL) Game Notes
- Shane Larkin recorded a team season high in assists with nine.
- The top two scorers (Shane Larkin and Kenny Kadji) accounted for 40.2 percent of the points.
- Shane Larkin has led the team in scoring six times in 22 games this season.
- Kenny Kadji has led the team in rebounding seven times in 22 games this season.
- Shane Larkin has four straight double-digit point games.
- Shane Larkin set career highs with five three-pointers and nine assists.
- Durand Scott has three straight double-digit point games.
- Durand Scott set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- Kenny Kadji has 13 straight double-digit point games.