(16-8, 3-6 away)
(14-8, 10-4 home)
Venue: Hofheinz Pavilion
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 09, 2013
||R Tarrant 27
||J Davis 12
||R Tarrant 6
||J Young 26
||T Thomas 8
||D House 6
Houston suffered a close loss to Tulane 88-85 in conference play on Saturday, February 9th. Houston led 48-34 at the half, but Tulane was able to come back in the second half and secure the victory. Joseph Young put up a team-high 26 points plus five assists in a losing effort. TaShawn Thomas also had an excellent game, scoring 20 points and adding eight rebounds. For the Green Wave, Ricky Tarrant finished with a game-high 27 points and six assists. Houston (13-8, 3-6 C-USA) takes on Texas-El Paso (13-8, 6-2 C-USA) on Wednesday, February 13th on their home court.
Houston Game Notes
- The Cougars have been unlucky three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Houston is 31-32 in close games.
- Houston has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after committing 16 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 31 or more field goals made this season, Houston has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.0 percent or better this season, Houston has lost 75 percent of the time (2-6).
- This is the fourth loss of the season where the Cougars opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--UH has a 10.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Joseph Young accounted for 30.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Danuel House and TaShawn Thomas) accounted for 45.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Joseph Young has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Joseph Young's career.
- Joseph Young has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of TaShawn Thomas's career.
- TaShawn Thomas has eight straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for TaShawn Thomas.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Mikhail McLean.
- This was the first foul out of the season for LeRon Barnes.
Tulane Game Notes
- The Green Wave won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Tulane is 25-28 in close games.
- Ricky Tarrant accounted for 30.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Josh Davis and Kendall Timmons) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Ricky Tarrant has led the team in scoring 10 times in 24 games this season.
- Josh Davis has led the team in rebounding 21 times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Ricky Tarrant's career.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Josh Davis's career.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Josh Davis.
- Josh Davis recorded a double-double. It was his 13th this season and 25th of his career.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Kendall Timmons's career.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Trevante Drye.