(16-8, 3-6 away)
(14-8, 10-4 home)
Venue: Hofheinz Pavilion
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 09, 2013
||R Tarrant 27
||J Davis 12
||R Tarrant 6
||J Young 26
||T Thomas 8
||D House 6
On Saturday, February 9th, Tulane took on Houston and nipped the Cougars 88-85 in C-USA play. It looked like Tulane might let this one get away, down 48-34 at the half, but they put together a good second half to put Houston away at the end. The Green Wave were led by Ricky Tarrant, who got a game-high 27 points plus six assists. Kendall Timmons also had an outstanding game, scoring a season-high 22 points and adding nine rebounds. For the Cougars, Joseph Young got a team-high 26 points and five assists. This makes three wins in a row for the Green Wave. The next game will be on Wednesday, February 13th when Tulane (16-8, 4-5 C-USA) travels to Southern Miss (18-5, 7-1 C-USA).
Tulane Game Notes
- The last time Tulane started the season 16-8 was 1996.
- Tulane beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Green Wave have beaten the spread.
- The Green Wave have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Tulane is 25-28 in close games.
- Tulane has won every game this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 47.0 percent or better.
- The Green Wave have won 91 percent of the time this season (10-1) after recording 12 or more assists.
- This season Tulane has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Josh Davis has 21 points or more and 82 percent of the time (9-2) when Ricky Tarrant has six free throws made or more.
- The Green Wave have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the second win of the season where the Green Wave came back after being down at halftime.
- Ricky Tarrant accounted for 30.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Josh Davis and Kendall Timmons) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Ricky Tarrant has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 24 games this season.
- Josh Davis has led the team in rebounding in 21 out of 24 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Ricky Tarrant's career.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Josh Davis's career.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Josh Davis.
- Josh Davis recorded a double-double. It was his 13th this season and 25th of his career.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Kendall Timmons's career.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Trevante Drye.
Houston Game Notes
- The Cougars have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Houston is 31-32 in close games.
- Joseph Young accounted for 30.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Danuel House and TaShawn Thomas) accounted for 45.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Joseph Young has led the team in scoring 10 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Joseph Young's career.
- Joseph Young has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of TaShawn Thomas's career.
- TaShawn Thomas has eight straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for TaShawn Thomas.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Mikhail McLean.
- This was the first foul out of the season for LeRon Barnes.