On Saturday, February 9th, No. 24 Marquette took on DePaul and topped the Blue Demons 89-78 in conference action. Junior Cadougan played well for the Golden Eagles and got 17 points plus six assists. Vander Blue had a team-high 18 points and added three rebounds. For the Blue Demons, Brandon Young finished with a game-high 21 points and six assists (4 Stl 3 Reb). Marquette (17-5, 8-2 Big East) goes to 20th-ranked Georgetown (17-4, 7-3 Big East) on Monday, February 11th.
Marquette Game Notes
- The Golden Eagles have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 31 or more field goals made.
- Marquette has won every game this season (4-0) after committing nine or fewer turnovers.
- Marquette has won 90 percent of the time this season (9-1) when opponents record 11 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Marquette has won 92 percent of the time (11-1) when Davante Gardner has 13 points or more, 71 percent of the time (10-4) when Vander Blue has five field goals made or more, and 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Trent Lockett has four free throws made or more.
- The Golden Eagles set a season high for total points (89).
- This is the 13th game at home this season--Marquette has a 12.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Vander Blue has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 22 games this season.
- Chris Otule has led the team in rebounding in three out of 22 games this season.
- Vander Blue has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Junior Cadougan had a career high with eight field goals made.
- Jamil Wilson had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
DePaul Game Notes
- This loss extended the Blue Demons losing streak to eight games.
- The top two scorers (Brandon Young and Worrel Clahar) accounted for 47.4 percent of the points.
- Brandon Young has led the team in scoring 11 times in 23 games this season.
- Cleveland Melvin has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 23 games this season.
- Worrel Clahar set career highs with 16 points, six field goals made, and three three-pointers.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Brandon Young's career.
- Brandon Young has five straight double-digit point games.
- Donnavan Kirk set career highs with 16 points and seven field goals made.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Peter Ryckbosch.