On Saturday, February 9th, DePaul was edged by No. 24 Marquette 89-78 in conference play. The Blue Demons were led by Brandon Young, who put up a game-high 21 points and six assists (4 Stl 3 Reb). Donnavan Kirk had a career-high 16 points and added four rebounds. For the Golden Eagles, Junior Cadougan got 17 points and six assists. DePaul (10-13, 1-9 Big East) heads to 25th-ranked Notre Dame (18-5, 6-4 Big East) on Wednesday, February 13th.
DePaul Game Notes
- DePaul started 10-13 during the 2007 and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- DePaul beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Blue Demons have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, DePaul played 41 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 1-40.
- DePaul has lost 86 percent of the time this season (1-6) after recording six or fewer steals.
- When the opposition records 89 or more total points this season, DePaul has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 31 or more field goals made this season, DePaul has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 56.4 percent or better this season, DePaul has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- DePaul set season lows for rebounds (24) and turnovers (10).
- The Blue Demons have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past four games.
- DePaul has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past eight games.
- The top two scorers (Brandon Young and Worrel Clahar) accounted for 47.4 percent of the points.
- Brandon Young has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 23 games this season.
- Cleveland Melvin has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 23 games this season.
- Worrel Clahar had career highs with 16 points, six field goals made, and three three-pointers.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Brandon Young's career.
- Brandon Young has five straight double-digit point games.
- Donnavan Kirk had career highs with 16 points and seven field goals made.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Peter Ryckbosch.
Marquette Game Notes
- Vander Blue has led the team in scoring 12 times in 22 games this season.
- Chris Otule has led the team in rebounding three times in 22 games this season.
- Vander Blue has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Junior Cadougan set a career high with eight field goals made.
- Jamil Wilson set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.