|Duke||M Plumlee 18.2||M Plumlee 10.7||Q Cook 6.1|
|Boston College||R Anderson 16.0||R Anderson 8.8||J Rahon 3.6|
On Sunday, No. 4 Duke visits Silvio O. Conte Forum to take on Boston College. Tipoff is at 6 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN U. The Blue Devils are 5-1 against the Eagles over the last four years. The last time they met (Feb. 19, 2012) they won 75-50.
Duke is second in the conference and Boston College is 11th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The Blue Devils got past NC State 98-85 on Feb. 7 with the help of 30 points and 9 rebounds from Mason Plumlee. He contributes a team-leading 18.2 points per game, 10.7 rebounds per game, and 1.7 blocks per game. For the Eagles, Ryan Anderson finished with 14 points and 11 rebounds in the 72-50 loss to Miami (FL) on Feb. 5. He leads the team in points with 16 per game and rebounds with 8.8 per game.
In terms of team stats, Duke has an advantage in a single key area, scoring, where the Blue Devils have an edge over the Eagles, 79 points per game to 67 points per game.
Boston College StatSmack
- Duke has a potent offense, scoring more points (79.0 per game vs. 67.5 per game) than Boston College this season.
- Duke is better under pressure, and has defeated Boston College in four out of the last four games decided by five points or fewer.
- The Duke blocks leader (Mason Plumlee, 37 blocks) has more blocks than the Boston College blocks leader (Dennis Clifford, 19 blocks).
- Duke has more wins over the last 5 years than Boston College (172 vs. 91).
- Duke has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Boston College (10 vs. five).
- That must sting. Duke has blown out Boston College by 20 points or more on four occasions since 2000.
- Duke has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Boston College (21 vs. five).
- Duke has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Boston College this season (six vs. zero).
- Since 1998, Duke has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Boston College (36 vs. zero).
- A for effort, but Duke has emerged victorious against Boston College the last five times they've played.
- Duke has more NCAA Championships over the last 10 years than Boston College (one vs. zero).
|D+||Andrew Van Nest||13||4||2||1||0||0||1|
|F||J. Cain Carney||2||0||0||0||0||0||0|