|California||A Crabbe 19.3||D Kravish 6.7||J Cobbs 4.3|
|Arizona||M Lyons 15.4||B Ashley 5.7||M Lyons 3.0|
California visits McKale Center on Sunday to take on No. 7 Arizona. It gets started at 7 p.m. EST and you can catch it on Pac-12 Network. The Golden Bears are 3-4 against the Wildcats over the last four years. They fell 78-74 on Feb. 2, 2012, the last time they met.
California is currently in sixth place in the Pac 12 and Arizona is in first place.
The Golden Bears were defeated by Arizona State 66-62 on Feb. 7 despite 16 points and 7 rebounds from Allen Crabbe. At 19.3, he paces the team in points per game. For the Wildcats, Mark Lyons finished with 25 points and 6 assists in the 73-66 win over Stanford on Feb. 6. He leads the team in points with 15.4 per game and assists with 3 per game.
In reviewing statistical differences between the teams, Arizona appears to have an edge in one significant area, scoring, where the Wildcats have the upper hand over the Golden Bears, 74 points per game to 67 points per game. When considering the Four Factors, Arizona performs well in defensive rebounding percentage at 73.4 percent. This ranks first in the conference and 21st in the country.
- Justin Cobbs is ranked 4th in the Pac 12 in assists.
- Arizona has to pay up to win. The coach for California has a much lower base salary than Arizona ($1,600,000 vs. $2,300,000).
- Allen Crabbe is ranked 31st nationally in points and 8th in the Pac 12 in three-pointers.
- California has an average margin of victory of 8 over Arizona in 16 wins since 1980.
- The California blocks leader (David Kravish, 31 blocks) has more blocks than the Arizona blocks leader (Grant Jerrett, 21 blocks).
- The California rebounding leader (David Kravish, 148 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Arizona rebounding leader (Brandon Ashley, 125 rebounds).
- The California scoring leader (Allen Crabbe, 424 points) has more points than the Arizona scoring leader (Mark Lyons, 338 points).
- David Kravish is ranked 7th in the Pac 12 in blocks.
- The California assist leader (Justin Cobbs, 94 assists) has more assists than the Arizona assist leader (Mark Lyons, 67 assists).