On Saturday, February 9th, La Salle scored 54 points from three-point territory and easily got by Fordham 89-53 in A-10 play. It was all La Salle from the beginning and they led 56-25 at the half. Tyreek Duren played well for the Explorers and put up 16 points plus eight assists. Ramon Galloway was active from three-point range, going 5 for 7 to get to 19 points overall (6 Ast 3 Reb). Jermaine Myers got 10 points and six assists for the Rams. Next up for La Salle (16-6, 6-3 A-10) is St. Bonaventure (10-11, 3-5 A-10) on Wednesday, February 13th on the road.
La Salle Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 16:46 left to go.
- The last time La Salle started the season 16-6 was 2011.
- La Salle beat the spread by 17.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Explorers have beaten the spread.
- This was the fourth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, La Salle has been on the winning end of 17 blowout games.
- The Explorers have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 30 or more field goals made.
- La Salle has won every game this season (8-0) when its field goal percentage has been 47.6 percent or better.
- La Salle has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after committing eight or fewer turnovers.
- La Salle has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 53 or fewer total points.
- This season La Salle has won 100 percent of the time (7-0) when Tyreek Duren has 16 points or more and 82 percent of the time (9-2) when Jerrell Wright has seven rebounds or more.
- The Explorers set season highs for three-pointers (18) and three-point percentage (54.5).
- The last time La Salle had a three-point percentage of 54.5 percent or higher was Feb 08, 2012 against Richmond.
- The Explorers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past four games.
- La Salle has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past seven games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--La Salle has a 10.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Sam Mills recorded a team season high in three-pointers with seven.
- The top two scorers (Sam Mills and Ramon Galloway) accounted for 44.9 percent of the points.
- Steve Zack has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 22 games this season.
- Ramon Galloway has four straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Sam Mills's career.
- Sam Mills had career highs with 21 points, seven field goals made, a 88 percent field goal percentage, and seven three-pointers.
- Tyreek Duren has five straight double-digit point games.
- Tyreek Duren had career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage, four three-pointers, and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
Fordham Game Notes
- This was the fifth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Fordham has been on the losing end of 43 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Rams losing streak to four games.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (23) than the starters (12).
- Ryan Canty has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 24 games this season.