|California||A Crabbe 19.3||D Kravish 6.7||J Cobbs 4.3|
|Arizona||M Lyons 15.4||B Ashley 5.7||M Lyons 3.0|
On Sunday, No. 7 Arizona plays host to California at McKale Center. The game tips off at 7 p.m. EST and you can catch it on Pac-12 Network. The Wildcats are 4-3 against the Golden Bears over the last four years. The last time they played they won 78-74 on Feb. 2, 2012.
Arizona is in first place in the conference, California is in sixth place.
In a 73-66 triumph over Stanford on Feb. 6, Mark Lyons put up 25 points and 6 assists for the Wildcats. On top of his scoring average of 15.4 points per game, he delivers 3 assists per game. The Golden Bears were defeated by Arizona State 66-62 on Feb. 7 despite 16 points and 7 rebounds from Allen Crabbe. He leads the team with 19.3 points per game.
There is a single key statistical area where Arizona can exploit California, scoring, where the Wildcats have an edge over the Golden Bears, 74 points per game to 67 points per game.
- Arizona is better under pressure, and has defeated California in 12 out of the last 15 games decided by five points or fewer.
- Arizona has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than California (12 vs. two).
- Arizona has an average margin of victory of 12 over California in 48 wins since 1980.
- Arizona has been the favorite 26 out of the last 33 times.
- That must sting. Arizona has blown out California by 20 points or more on six occasions since 2001.
- Mark Lyons is ranked 9th in the Pac 12 in points and 6th in the Pac 12 in three-pointers.
- A for effort, but Arizona has emerged victorious against California the last three times they've played.
- It's only wins and losses, but Arizona has a better overall record than California this season (20-2 vs. 13-9).
- Arizona has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (73.8 percent to 56.7 percent).
- Arizona has more wins over the last 5 years than California (129 vs. 118).
- Arizona allows fewer rebounds (30.2 allowed per game vs. 34.5 allowed per game) than California this season.