Northern Illinois 54
(5-17, 2-10 away)
(9-15, 6-5 home)
Venue: Alumni Arena
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, February 09, 2013
||A Nader 13
||D Balls 7
||D Balls 4
||J McCrea 16
||A Nuiriankh 10
||J Skeete 4
On Saturday, February 9th, Northern Illinois took on Buffalo and was taken down by the Bulls 59-54 in conference play. The Huskies were led by Abdel Nader, who put up a team-high 13 points and two rebounds. Keith Gray had nine points and added three rebounds. For the Bulls, Javon McCrea got a game-high 16 points and six rebounds. This makes three losses in a row for the Huskies. Northern Illinois (4-17, 2-7 MAC) takes on Ball State (8-13, 2-7 MAC) on Wednesday, February 13th on their home court.
Northern Illinois Game Notes
- Northern Illinois started 5-17 during the 2007, 2006, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- NIU beat the spread by five points. That makes the 11th time this season the Huskies have beaten the spread.
- The Huskies have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Northern Illinois is 16-28 in close games.
- Northern Illinois has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-10) after recording 54 or fewer total points.
- The Huskies have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after having a three-point percentage of 18.8 percent or worse.
- Northern Illinois has lost 92 percent of the time this season (1-11) after committing 14 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 34 or more rebounds this season, Northern Illinois has lost 100 percent of the time (0-12).
- When the opposition records 16 or more free throws made this season, Northern Illinois has lost 85 percent of the time (2-11).
- When the opposition commits 12 or fewer turnovers this season, Northern Illinois has lost 76 percent of the time (5-16).
- NIU set a season low for steals (three).
- The top two scorers (Abdel Nader and Darrell Bowie) accounted for 40.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Daveon Balls and Aksel Bolin) accounted for 43.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Abdel Nader has led the team in scoring in nine out of 22 games this season.
- Abdel Nader has four straight double-digit point games.
Buffalo Game Notes
- The Bulls won this one, but have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Buffalo is 28-26 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Javon McCrea and Tony Watson II) accounted for 50.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Auraum Nuiriankh and Javon McCrea) accounted for 47.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Javon McCrea has led the team in scoring 18 times in 24 games this season.
- Auraum Nuiriankh has led the team in rebounding six times in 24 games this season.
- Auraum Nuiriankh recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Auraum Nuiriankh recorded a double-double. It was the third of his career.
- Javon McCrea has 12 straight double-digit point games.
|B||Tony Watson II||40||14||3||0||0||0||1|