Houston Baptist 75
(9-14, 3-10 away)
New Orleans 68
(7-14, 7-5 home)
Venue: Lakefront Arena
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, February 09, 2013
||A Bernardi 23
||C Crayton 11
||A Hill 5
||L Cook 16
||L Cook 8
||R Nelson 6
On Saturday, Feb. 9, Houston Baptist took on New Orleans and got a road win against the Privateers 75-68 in overtime. The Huskies were led by Art Bernardi, who put up a game-high 23 points and four rebounds. Caleb Crayton had seven points and added 11 rebounds. For the Privateers, Lovell Cook got a team-high 16 points and eight rebounds. The Huskies are on a five-game win streak. Houston Baptist (9-14, 1-3 Great West) heads to Texas-Pan American (12-13, 3-2 Great West) on Saturday, Feb. 16.
Houston Baptist Game Notes
- The win over New Orleans extended the Houston Baptist winning streak to five games.
- Houston Baptist has played in two overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Huskies have played in nine overtime games with a record of 5-4.
- The Huskies have won three close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Houston Baptist is 14-19 in close games.
- The Huskies have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 18 or more assists.
- Houston Baptist has won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) when its field goal percentage has been 47.4 percent or better.
- HBU has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after holding an opponent to under 22.2 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Houston Baptist has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Art Bernardi has 10 field goals made or more.
- The Huskies have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the second win of the season where the Huskies came back after being down at halftime.
- Art Bernardi accounted for 30.6 percent of the team's points.
- Caleb Crayton accounted for 30.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Art Bernardi has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 23 games this season.
- Caleb Crayton has led the team in rebounding in five out of 23 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Art Bernardi's career.
- Art Bernardi has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Art Bernardi had a career high with 10 field goals made.
- Caleb Crayton recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
New Orleans Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Lovell Cook and Cory Dixon) accounted for 45.5 percent of the points.
- Lovell Cook has led the team in scoring 13 times in 21 games this season.
- Lovell Cook has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Lovell Cook set a career high with seven defensive rebounds.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Rarlensee Nelson.
- Cory Dixon has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Eddie Denard.