(3) Michigan 62
(21-3, 4-3 away)
(17-7, 13-3 home)
Venue: Kohl Center
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, February 09, 2013
||T Burke 19
||M McGary 8
||T Burke 4
||B Brust 14
||R Evans 9
||T Jackson 5
No. 3 Michigan was stunned by Wisconsin 65-62 in overtime on a day when the Badgers scored 30 points from behind the arc. Trey Burke put up a game-high 19 points plus five rebounds in a losing effort. Mitch McGary also had a strong game, scoring 12 points and adding eight rebounds. Ryan Evans finished with 11 points and nine rebounds for the Badgers. The next game will be on Tuesday, February 12th when Michigan (21-3, 8-3 Big Ten) goes to 12th-ranked Michigan State (19-4, 8-2 Big Ten).
Michigan Game Notes
- Michigan has played in two overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Wolverines have played in 13 overtime games with a record of 10-3.
- The Wolverines have been unlucky two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Michigan is 25-22 in close games.
- Michigan set season lows for blocks (one) and free throws made (one).
- This is the first loss of the season where the Wolverines opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Trey Burke accounted for 30.6 percent of the team's points.
- Trey Burke has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 24 games this season.
- Mitch McGary has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 24 games this season.
- Trey Burke has 24 straight double-digit point games.
- Tim Hardaway Jr has three straight double-digit point games.
- Mitch McGary has three straight double-digit point games.
Wisconsin Game Notes
- The Badgers won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Wisconsin is 31-24 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Ben Brust and Jared Berggren) accounted for 41.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ryan Evans and Jared Berggren) accounted for 43.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Ben Brust has led the team in scoring nine times in 24 games this season.
- Ryan Evans has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 24 games this season.
- Ben Brust has three straight double-digit point games.
- Ryan Evans has three straight double-digit point games.
- Mike Bruesewitz set a career high with eight defensive rebounds.
|A||Tim Hardaway Jr||37||18||4||3||0||0||1|
|C||G. Robinson III||33||4||3||0||2||0||0|