On Saturday, February 9th, Virginia Tech took on Georgia Tech and took a home loss to the Yellow Jackets 64-54 in conference play. The Hokies now have a record of 1-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Erick Green put up a game-high 28 points plus five rebounds in the Hokies loss. Cadarian Raines got six points and added nine rebounds. For the Yellow Jackets, Kammeon Holsey finished with 13 points and nine rebounds. This makes three losses in a row for the Hokies. The next game will be on Tuesday, February 12th when Virginia Tech (11-12, 2-8 ACC) travels to Virginia (16-6, 6-3 ACC).
Virginia Tech Game Notes
- Virginia Tech started 11-12 during the 2003, 2002, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- Virginia Tech has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 19 or fewer field goals made.
- Virginia Tech has lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after committing eight or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 35.3 percent or better this season, Virginia Tech has lost 85 percent of the time (2-11).
- VT set season lows for field goals made (19) and field goal percentage (30.6).
- Virginia Tech has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 14 games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--VT has a 3.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Erick Green accounted for 51.8 percent of the team's points.
- Erick Green has led the team in scoring in 21 out of 23 games this season.
- Cadarian Raines has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 23 games this season.
- This marks the 28th 20-point game of Erick Green's career.
- Erick Green has 23 straight double-digit point games.
Georgia Tech Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Marcus Georges-Hunt and Kammeon Holsey) accounted for 40.6 percent of the points.
- Marcus Georges-Hunt has led the team in scoring five times in 22 games this season.
- Robert Carter has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 22 games this season.