Florida State 46
(13-10, 5-4 away)
Wake Forest 71
(11-12, 10-3 home)
Venue: Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, February 09, 2013
||M Snaer 13
||K Turpin 6
||D Bookert 2
||T McKie 15
||D Thomas 8
||D Thomas 3
On Saturday, February 9th, Wake Forest outrebounded Florida State 45-25 and easily got by the Seminoles 71-46 in ACC action. The Demon Deacons were led by Travis McKie, who put up a game-high 15 points plus six rebounds. Devin Thomas also had a strong showing, scoring seven points and adding eight rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast). Okaro White got a team-high 13 points and six rebounds for the Seminoles. Next up for Wake Forest (11-12, 4-7 ACC) is Boston College (10-12, 2-7 ACC) on Wednesday, February 13th on the road.
Wake Forest Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:30 left to go.
- Wake Forest started 11-12 during the 2011 and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- WFU beat the spread by 27.5 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Demon Deacons have beaten the spread.
- This was the second blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, WFU has been on the winning end of 21 blowout games.
- The Demon Deacons have won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) after recording 71 or more total points.
- Wake Forest has won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) when its field goal percentage has been 49.1 percent or better.
- This season Wake Forest has won 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Chase Fischer has 10 points or more.
- The Demon Deacons set a season high for rebounds (45).
- The last time WFU recorded at least 45 rebounds was Nov 20, 2010 against Elon.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--WFU has a 5.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Travis McKie and Codi Miller-McIntyre) accounted for 40.8 percent of the points.
- Travis McKie has led the team in scoring in nine out of 23 games this season.
- Devin Thomas has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 23 games this season.
- C.J. Harris has seven straight double-digit point games.
Florida State Game Notes
- This was the fourth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, FSU has been on the losing end of seven blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Okaro White and Michael Snaer) accounted for 56.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Okaro White and Kiel Turpin) accounted for 48.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Okaro White has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding 11 times in 23 games this season.
- Okaro White set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
|D||T. Whisnant II||19||3||0||0||1||0||2|
|B+||A. Adala Moto||12||6||6||0||0||0||3|
|B||A. Roundtree III||5||1||4||0||0||2||1|