Connecticut vs. Seton Hall: Full Game Preview
|Connecticut||S Napier 17.0||D Daniels 4.9||R Boatright 4.6|
|Seton Hall||F Edwin 16.9||G Teague 7.7||T Maayan 3.5|
Seton Hall hosts Connecticut at Prudential Center on Sunday. It takes place at 12 p.m. EST and you can catch it on SNY, Big East Net or MASN. The Pirates are 1-5 against the Huskies over the last four years. They fell 69-46 on Feb. 4, 2012, the last time they met.
Seton Hall is in 13th place in the conference, Connecticut is in eigth place.
The Pirates fell 56-46 to Pittsburgh on Feb. 4. Fuquan Edwin finished with 23 points and 5 steals in the loss. With 16.9 points per game and 2.5 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. The Huskies were defeated by St. John's 71-65 on Feb. 6 despite 21 points and 5 rebounds from Omar Calhoun. He contributes 3.3 rebounds per game in addition to his 11.1 points per game.
- Seton Hall players are more experienced than Connecticut players (14,823 minutes played vs. 12,209 minutes played).
- The Seton Hall steals leader (Fuquan Edwin, 58 steals) has more steals than the Connecticut steals leader (Shabazz Napier, 41 steals).
- Gene Teague is ranked 3rd in the Big East in rebounds.
- Seton Hall is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Seton Hall is 208 lbs compared to 200 lbs for Connecticut.
- Fuquan Edwin is ranked 5th in the Big East in points, 7th in the Big East in three-pointers, and 13th nationally in steals.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Seton Hall currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (951 to 889) than Connecticut, per the NCAA.
- Seton Hall allows fewer rebounds (33.0 allowed per game vs. 37.4 allowed per game) than Connecticut this season.
- The Seton Hall rebounding leader (Gene Teague, 176 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Connecticut rebounding leader (DeAndre Daniels, 102 rebounds).
- Tom Maayan is ranked 10th in the Big East in steals.
- The Seton Hall scoring leader (Fuquan Edwin, 389 points) has more points than the Connecticut scoring leader (Shabazz Napier, 357 points).
- Seton Hall has an average margin of victory of 8 over Connecticut in 17 wins since 1980.