|Saint Mary's||M Dellavedova 15.8||B Waldow 5.7||M Dellavedova 6.6|
|San Diego||J Dee 14.9||C Manresa 7.0||C Anderson 5.7|
Saint Mary's travels to Jenny Craig Pavilion on Saturday to take on San Diego. Tipoff is at 11 p.m. EST and it can be seen on ESPN U. The Gaels beat the Toreros 81-48 on Jan. 24 and are 8-1 against them over the last four years.
San Diego is in fourth place in the conference and will be trying to close the gap with second place Saint Mary's.
In an 84-63 beatdown of Santa Clara on Feb. 7, Beau Levesque put up 24 points and 6 rebounds for the Gaels. He is putting up 11 points per game while also averaging 4.5 rebounds per game. In a 74-68 victory over Brigham Young on Feb. 7, Johnny Dee put up 19 points for the Toreros. His 14.9 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
Saint Mary's appears to have a key statistical advantage over San Diego in one area, scoring, where the Gaels have an edge over the Toreros, 78 points per game to 65 points per game.
San Diego StatSmack
- Saint Mary's has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than San Diego (four vs. two).
- It's only wins and losses, but Saint Mary's has a better overall record than San Diego this season (20-4 vs. 13-12).
- Be afraid. Saint Mary's has blown out more teams than San Diego this season (eight blowouts vs. two).
- Even computers respect Saint Mary's more. Saint Mary's has a better RPI this season than San Diego (RPI: No. 56 vs. No. 143).
- Saint Mary's is a better shooting team (49.3 percent vs. 43.9 percent) than San Diego this season.
- The Saint Mary's rebounding leader (Mitchell Young, 137 rebounds) has more rebounds than the San Diego rebounding leader (Chris Manresa, 126 rebounds).
- Saint Mary's allows fewer rebounds (27.0 allowed per game vs. 33.0 allowed per game) than San Diego this season.
- Saint Mary's has a better record on the road than San Diego this season (6-2 vs. 4-6).
- Over the past 10 years, Saint Mary's has had more players drafted by the NBA than San Diego (one vs. zero).
- Boom! Saint Mary's humiliated San Diego by 33 points the last time they played (Jan 24, 2013).
- Saint Mary's attacks the glass, with more rebounds (36.8 per game vs. 32.6 per game) than San Diego this season.
|C+||J. Walker III||24||8||4||1||1||0||1|