|Illinois-Chicago||G Talton 13.0||H Humes 5.3||G Talton 3.8|
|Youngstown State||K Perry 16.1||D Eargle 6.5||K Perry 4.1|
On Sunday, UIC heads to Beeghly Center to take on Youngstown State. It takes place at 2:05 p.m. EST. The Flames defeated the Penguins 65-60 on Jan. 2 and are 5-5 against them over the past four years.
Youngstown State is holding down the fifth spot in the Horizon, right above UIC in sixth place.
In their last outing, despite 12 points and 5 rebounds from Josh Crittle, the Flames fell to Valparaiso 86-61 on Feb. 5. On top of a team-high 0.8 blocks per game, he also scores 10.1 points per game. For the Penguins, Kendrick Perry finished with 18 points and 5 rebounds in the 60-59 win over Loyola (Chicago) on Feb. 7. He puts up a team-leading 16.1 points per game, 4.1 assists per game, and 2 steals per game.
In reviewing statistical differences between the teams, Youngstown State appears to have an edge in one significant area, scoring, where the Penguins have the upper hand over the Flames, 70 points per game to 61 points per game. When considering the Four Factors, Youngstown State performs well in turnover percentage at 17.6 percent. This ranks second in the conference and 39th in the country.
Youngstown State StatSmack
- Boom! UIC defeated Youngstown State by 5 points the last time they played (Jan 02, 2013).
- A for effort, but UIC has emerged victorious against Youngstown State the last two times they've played.
- Josh Crittle is ranked 9th in the Horizon in blocks.
- Even computers respect UIC more. UIC has a better RPI this season than Youngstown State (RPI: No. 120 vs. No. 155).
- Since 1998, UIC has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Youngstown State (one vs. zero).
- UIC is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on UIC is 77.4 inches compared to 76.2 inches for Youngstown State.
- UIC has been the favorite 20 out of the last 26 times.
- Gary Talton is ranked 10th in the Horizon in points, 7th in the Horizon in assists, and 5th in the Horizon in steals.
- Daniel Barnes is ranked 4th in the Horizon in three-pointers and 10th in the Horizon in steals.
- UIC has an average margin of victory of 10 over Youngstown State in 23 wins since 1992.
- UIC is better under pressure, and has defeated Youngstown State in six out of the last eight games decided by five points or fewer.
|D+||S. Amiker Jr.||20||6||3||1||0||0||2|