|Florida Atlantic||G Gantt 21.0||J McCoy 5.6||J Trapp 2.2|
|South Alabama||A Rubit 19.0||A Rubit 10.9||F Goldstein 2.5|
South Alabama welcomes Florida Atlantic to Mitchell Center on Saturday. The game gets underway at 8:30 p.m. EST and it can be seen on Sun Belt Net or ESPN3.com. The Jaguars defeated the Owls 77-66 on Nov. 29 and are 7-3 against them over the past four years.
South Alabama is second in the Sun Belt and Florida Atlantic is in seventh. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The Jaguars got past Troy 65-62 on Feb. 7 with the help of 21 points and 12 rebounds from Augustine Rubit. With 19 points per game and 10.9 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. The Owls were defeated by Florida International 84-65 on Feb. 7 despite 19 points and 9 rebounds from Jordan McCoy. He averages 5.3 points per game in addition to a team-best 5.6 rebounds per game.
Florida Atlantic StatSmack
- The South Alabama steals leader (Antoine Allen, 29 steals) has more steals than the Florida Atlantic steals leader (Greg Gantt, 20 steals).
- Even computers respect South Alabama more. South Alabama has a better RPI this season than Florida Atlantic (RPI: No. 165 vs. No. 217).
- South Alabama has an average margin of victory of 10 over Florida Atlantic in 10 wins since 2006.
- Boom! South Alabama crushed Florida Atlantic by 11 points the last time they played (Nov 29, 2012).
- It's only wins and losses, but South Alabama has a better overall record than Florida Atlantic this season (13-9 vs. 11-14).
- South Alabama has a better record in close games than Florida Atlantic this season (7-3 vs. 6-6).
- Javier Carter is ranked 4th in the Sun Belt in blocks.
- South Alabama players are more experienced than Florida Atlantic players (12,033 minutes played vs. 11,221 minutes played).
- AP voters think more highly of South Alabama and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Florida Atlantic (eight vs. zero).
- South Alabama has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (55.5 percent to 36.6 percent).
- South Alabama is better under pressure, and has defeated Florida Atlantic in four out of the last four games decided by five points or fewer.
|D||B. Stevens II||19||4||1||1||1||0||1|