Texas-Pan American vs. Utah Valley: Full Game Preview
|Texas-Pan American||B Provost 25.0||B Provost 7.0||B Provost 6.0|
|Utah Valley||B Aird 14.1||B Aird 8.6||N Thompson 4.2|
Texas-Pan American travels to UCCU Center on Saturday to take on Utah Valley University. Tipoff occurs at 9:05 p.m. EST and you can catch it on UVU-TV. The Broncs defeated the Wolverines 62-60 on Jan. 19 and are 3-5 against them over the past four years.
Texas-Pan American is currently in first place in the Great West and Utah Valley University is in fourth place.
In their last outing, despite 24 points from Brandon Provost, the Broncs fell to New Orleans 75-73 on Feb. 6. He is putting up 14.4 points per game while also averaging 3.9 rebounds per game. For the Wolverines, Nick Thompson finished with 14 points and 7 rebounds in the 75-62 loss to Cal State Bakersfield on Feb. 2. He is averaging 10.6 points per game in addition to a team-best 4.2 assists per game. One category in which Utah Valley University is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 18.2 percent, ranking first in their conference (and 65th nationally).
Utah Valley University StatSmack
- Brandon Provost is ranked 4th in the Great West in points, 40th nationally in three-pointers, and 10th in the Great West in assists.
- Boom! Texas-Pan American defeated Utah Valley University by 2 points the last time they played (Jan 19, 2013).
- Aaron Urbanus is ranked 7th in the Great West in points, 6th in the Great West in three-pointers, 2nd in the Great West in assists, and 9th in the Great West in steals.
- The Texas-Pan American scoring leader (Brandon Provost, 317 points) has more points than the Utah Valley University scoring leader (Holton Hunsaker, 307 points).
- How does our back look? Texas-Pan American is ranked higher than Utah Valley University in the Great West (#1 vs #4).
- The Texas-Pan American three-point leader (Brandon Provost, 59 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Utah Valley University three-point leader (Holton Hunsaker, 51 three-pointers).
- Justin Leathers is ranked 7th in the Great West in rebounds, 10th in the Great West in steals, and 10th in the Great West in blocks.
- We make our fans proud. Texas-Pan American has a better record at home than Utah Valley University this season (8-1 vs 5-3).
- Shaquille Hines is ranked 5th in the Great West in blocks.
- Jesus Delgado is ranked 10th in the Great West in points and 10th in the Great West in steals.
- The Texas-Pan American basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Utah Valley University (64% vs 27%).