|St. Francis (NY)||J Cannon 16.4||J Cannon 9.5||B Jones 4.5|
|Long Island||J Olasewere 19.0||J Olasewere 8.7||J Brickman 8.4|
Long Island goes up against St. Francis (NY) on Sunday. The game tips off at 12 p.m. EST. The Blackbirds beat the Terriers 78-68 on Jan. 24 and are 8-1 against them over the last four years.
Long Island is currently in third place in the NEC and St. Francis (NY) is in eigth.
The 25 points and 14 rebounds by Jamal Olasewere helped the Blackbirds to an 81-75 victory over Central Connecticut State on Feb. 7. A stat-sheet stuffer, he leads the team with 19 points per game, 8.7 rebounds per game, and 1.6 steals per game. For the Terriers, Jalen Cannon finished with 13 points and 9 rebounds in the 84-77 loss to Bryant on Feb. 7. With 16.4 points per game and 9.5 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
There is a single key statistical area where Long Island can exploit St. Francis (NY), scoring, where the Blackbirds have an edge over the Terriers, 76 points per game to 69 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, St. Francis (NY) is strong in turnover percentage at 18.6 percent. This is good enough for second in the conference and 85th in the nation.
St. Francis (NY) StatSmack
- The Long Island blocks leader (E.J. Reed, 23 blocks) has more blocks than the St. Francis blocks leader (Akeem Johnson, 13 blocks).
- Jason Brickman is ranked 2nd nationally in assists.
- How does our back look? Long Island is ranked higher than St. Francis in the NEC (#4 vs #7).
- The Long Island scoring leader (Jamal Olasewere, 373 points) has more points than the St. Francis scoring leader (Jalen Cannon, 348 points).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Long Island has come back to win after being down at half against St. Francis 6 times since 1997.
- At least you keep showing up. Long Island has an average margin of victory of 8 over St. Francis in 44 wins since 1980.
- Long Island has a more potent offense, scoring more points (76.4 per game vs 69.0 per game) than St. Francis this season.
- We make our fans proud. Long Island has a better record at home than St. Francis this season (7-2 vs 4-5).
- Brandon Thompson is ranked 10th in the NEC in three-pointers.
- Long Island takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than St. Francis (2 vs 0).
- Long Island is better under pressure, and has defeated St. Francis in 11 out of the last 16 games decided by 5 points or fewer.