Illinois State vs. Creighton: Full Game Preview
|Illinois State||J Carmichael 18.1||J Carmichael 9.3||K Keane 3.7|
|Creighton||D McDermott 23.3||D McDermott 7.3||G Gibbs 5.8|
No. 16 Creighton welcomes Illinois State to CenturyLink Center on Saturday. Tipoff is at 10 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN 2. The Bluejays defeated the Redbirds 79-72 on Jan. 2 and are 7-4 against them over the past four years.
Creighton is in first place in the conference, Illinois State is in seventh place.
The Bluejays fell 76-57 to Indiana State on Feb. 6. Grant Gibbs finished with 8 points and 5 rebounds in the loss. In addition to a team-leading 5.8 assists per game, he chips in 8.1 points per game. For the Redbirds, Tyler Brown put up 25 points and 9 assists in the 94-86 win over Drake on Feb. 6. He is averaging 16 points per game and leads the team in steals with 1.6 per game.
Illinois State StatSmack
- The Creighton basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Illinois State (100 percent vs. 67 percent).
- Austin Chatman is ranked 2nd in the Missouri Valley in assists.
- Creighton allows fewer rebounds (30.3 allowed per game vs. 34.9 allowed per game) than Illinois State this season.
- Creighton has a better record at home than Illinois State this season (13-1 vs. 9-4).
- Boom! Creighton defeated Illinois State by 7 points the last time they played (Jan 02, 2013).
- Creighton has a better record on the road than Illinois State this season (5-3 vs. 4-5).
- Creighton has an average margin of victory of 11 over Illinois State in 30 wins since 1981.
- Creighton is a better three-point shooting team (44.3 percent vs. 34.5 percent) than Illinois State this season.
- That must sting. Creighton has blown out Illinois State by 20 points or more on three occasions since 1999.
- Creighton has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Illinois State according to Kiplinger (64.5 percent vs. 42 percent).
- Diaper Dandies love Creighton. Creighton has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Illinois State (1 vs. 0).