UNC Asheville 90
(15-10, 6-8 away)
Virginia Military 79
(11-11, 7-3 home)
Venue: Cameron Hall
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 08, 2013
||J Atkinson 24
||J Atkinson 10
||W Weeks 4
||S Okoye 34
||S Okoye 16
||R Glasgow 8
Virginia Military Institute faced off with North Carolina-Asheville on Friday, February 8th and took a home loss to the Bulldogs 90-79 in conference play. Stan Okoye secured a double-double in the loss including a game-high 34 points and 16 rebounds. D.J. Covington got a double-double as well with 15 points and 15 rebounds (5 Blk 3 Stl). For the Bulldogs, Keith Hornsby got 24 points and nine rebounds. Next up for Virginia Military Institute (11-11, 6-4 Big South) is Radford (10-14, 4-6 Big South) on Wednesday, February 13th on their home court.
Virginia Military Institute Game Notes
- Virginia Military Institute started 11-11 during the 2011 and 2007 seasons (since 1996).
- The Keydets have lost 90 percent of the time this season (1-9) after having a field goal percentage of 40.8 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 90 or more total points this season, Virginia Military Institute has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 15 or more assists this season, Virginia Military Institute has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.0 percent or better this season, Virginia Military Institute has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- Virginia Military Institute has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--VMI has a 16.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Stan Okoye recorded a team season high in field goals made with 13 and field goals attempted with 27.
- D.J. Covington tallied a team season high in offensive rebounds with nine.
- Stan Okoye accounted for 43.0 percent of the team's points.
- Stan Okoye accounted for 34.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Stan Okoye has led the team in scoring 16 times and in rebounding 13 times in 22 games this season.
- D.J. Covington recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- D.J. Covington recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and seventh of his career.
- D.J. Covington had career highs with 15 rebounds and nine offensive rebounds.
- This marks the 44th 20-point game of Stan Okoye's career.
- Stan Okoye has three straight 20+ point games.
- Stan Okoye recorded a double-double. It was his eighth this season and 31st of his career.
- Stan Okoye had career highs with 13 field goals made and four three-pointers.
North Carolina-Asheville Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Keith Hornsby and Jeremy Atkinson) accounted for 53.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jeremy Atkinson and Keith Hornsby) accounted for 51.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Keith Hornsby has led the team in scoring eight times in 25 games this season.
- Jeremy Atkinson has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 25 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Keith Hornsby's career.
- Keith Hornsby has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Keith Hornsby set a career high with eight defensive rebounds.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Jeremy Atkinson's career.
- Jeremy Atkinson has four straight 20+ point games.
- Jeremy Atkinson recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and eighth of his career.