|South Florida||V Rudd 10.7||V Rudd 6.6||A Collins 6.7|
|Villanova||J Pinkston 12.7||M Yarou 6.7||R Arcidiacono 3.3|
On Saturday, Villanova hosts South Florida at The Pavilion. It gets started at 3 a.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN U. The Wildcats beat the Bulls 61-53 on Jan. 9 and are 4-4 against them over the last four years.
Villanova is 10th in the conference and South Florida is 15th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In their last matchup on Feb. 5, Ryan Arcidiacono put up 23 points and 5 assists as the Wildcats ran it up on DePaul 94-71. He tallies 11.6 points per game in addition to a team-best 3.3 assists per game. For the Bulls, Zach LeDay finished with 14 points and 5 rebounds in the 70-47 loss to Marquette on Feb. 6. He contributes 2.2 rebounds per game in addition to his 4.4 points per game.
Villanova has a statistical advantage over South Florida in one significant area, scoring, where the Wildcats have an edge over the Bulls, 69 points per game to 60 points per game.
South Florida StatSmack
- AP voters think more highly of Villanova and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than South Florida (94 vs 0).
- At least you keep showing up. Villanova has an average margin of victory of 11 over South Florida in 6 wins since 2005.
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Villanova has recruited more Top 50 high school players than South Florida (13 vs 1).
- Villanova has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than South Florida according to Kiplinger (82.1% vs 21%).
- Better not leave your building. Villanova has a better record on the road than South Florida this season (5-4 vs 2-6).
- The Villanova rebounding leader (Mouphtaou Yarou, 154 rebounds) has more rebounds than the South Florida rebounding leader (Victor Rudd, 145 rebounds).
- We just win. Villanova has more wins over the last 5 years than South Florida (125 vs 83).
- Villanova has a better conference record than South Florida this season (5-5 vs 1-9).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Villanova has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than South Florida (12 vs 0).
- Villanova takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than South Florida (7 vs 1).