Northeastern vs. Old Dominion: Full Game Preview
|Northeastern||J Smith 16.6||R Spencer 6.3||J Lee 4.4|
|Old Dominion||D Painter 12.0||D Painter 8.0||K Palmore 3.1|
Old Dominion hosts Northeastern at Constant Convocation Center on Saturday. It gets started at 4 p.m. EST and you can catch it on CSN-MA, NE, CSS, TCN. The Monarchs are 4-2 against the Huskies over the last four years. The last time they met (Jan. 23, 2012) they won 69-57.
Old Dominion is in 11th place in the CAA, Northeastern is in first place.
The 15 points by DeShawn Painter helped the Monarchs to a 78-66 victory over Drexel on Feb. 7. He leads the team in points with 12 per game and rebounds with 8 per game. For the Huskies, Quincy Ford finished with 15 points and 6 rebounds in the 62-57 win over Hofstra on Feb. 6. He is averaging 12.6 points per game in addition to a team-best 0.8 blocks per game.
There is one important category where Northeastern has a statistical edge, scoring, where the Huskies have the upper hand over the Monarchs, 69 points per game to 62 points per game.
- The Old Dominion steals leader (Keenan Palmore, 39 steals) has more steals than the Northeastern steals leader (David Walker, 28 steals).
- You get an A for effort, but Old Dominion has emerged victorious against Northeastern the last 3 times they've played.
- We just win. Old Dominion has more wins over the last 5 years than Northeastern (121 vs 93).
- People just expect us to beat you. Old Dominion has been the favorite 8 out of the last 10 times.
- The Old Dominion blocks leader (Richard Ross, 36 blocks) has more blocks than the Northeastern blocks leader (Quincy Ford, 18 blocks).
- Donte Hill is ranked 9th in the CAA in steals.
- Keenan Palmore is ranked 8th in the CAA in assists and 4th in the CAA in steals.
- Old Dominion can actually jump, with more rebounds (37.1 per game vs 30.5 per game) than Northeastern this season.
- Old Dominion waxed Northeastern by 12 points the last time they played (Jan 23, 2012).