|Florida State||M Snaer 13.9||T Shannon 6.3||M Snaer 2.5|
|Wake Forest||T McKie 14.5||T McKie 7.6||C Miller-McIntyre 2.5|
On Saturday, Florida State travels to Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum to take on Wake Forest. Tipoff is at 12 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN 2. The Seminoles are 4-1 against the Demon Deacons over the last four years. The last time they met (Jan. 25, 2012) they won 75-52.
Florida State is currently in fifth place in the ACC and Wake Forest is in ninth.
The 15 points by Michael Snaer helped the Seminoles to a 56-54 victory over Georgia Tech on Feb. 5. With 13.9 points per game and 2.5 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. For the Demon Deacons, Arnaud William Adala Moto finished with 13 points in the 87-62 loss to North Carolina on Feb. 5. He contributes 3.9 rebounds per game in addition to his 5.5 points per game. Wake Forest will hope to exploit their strength in free throw rate in this matchup. Their mark of 43.6 percent in this area ranks first in the conference and 18th in the country.
Wake Forest StatSmack
- The Florida State three-point leader (Michael Snaer, 43 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Wake Forest three-point leader (C.J. Harris, 34 three-pointers).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Florida State has a stronger schedule than Wake Forest this season (SOS Rank: #14 vs #55).
- Winning is in our blood. Florida State has a better record in close games than Wake Forest this season (6-3 vs 4-4).
- Florida State embarrassed Wake Forest by 23 points the last time they played (Jan 25, 2012).
- Florida State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (68.35% to 51.02%).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Florida State has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Wake Forest (10 vs 8).
- Florida State has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Wake Forest ($29,953 vs $51,910).
- You get an A for effort, but Florida State has emerged victorious against Wake Forest the last 4 times they've played.
- Even computers respect Florida State more. We have a better RPI this season than Wake Forest (RPI: #58 vs #132).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Florida State has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Wake Forest (12 vs 10).
|C-||T. Whisnant II||20||6||1||1||1||0||0|
|C-||A. Adala Moto||16||6||4||0||1||0||1|
|D+||A. Roundtree III||12||3||2||1||1||1||1|