|Fresno State||T Johnson 12.1||K Foster 6.3||T Johnson 1.9|
|San Diego State||J Franklin 17.6||J Franklin 9.4||J Franklin 3.5|
San Diego State plays host to Fresno State at Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl on Saturday. The game tips off at 6 p.m. EST and you can catch it on CBSSN. The Aztecs beat the Bulldogs 65-62 on Jan. 9 and are 3-0 against them over the last four years.
San Diego State is third in the Mountain West and Fresno State is in seventh. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The Aztecs got past Boise State 63-62 on Feb. 6 with the help of 16 points and 5 rebounds from James Rahon. In addition to his 7.2 points per game, he is also chipping in 2 rebounds per game. For the Bulldogs, Tyler Johnson finished with 15 points and 10 rebounds in the 64-55 win over UNLV on Feb. 6. He leads the team in points with 12.1 per game and assists with 1.9 per game.
San Diego State has a statistical advantage over Fresno State in two key categories. The Aztecs have an edge in rebounding, 37 per game to 30 per game. In addition, San Diego State has an advantage in scoring, 69 points per game to 60 points per game.
Fresno State StatSmack
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? San Diego State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (935 to 926) than Fresno State, per the NCAA.
- The San Diego State steals leader (Jamaal Franklin, 32 steals) has more steals than the Fresno State steals leader (Jerry Brown Jr, 29 steals).
- Even computers respect San Diego State more. We have a better RPI this season than Fresno State (RPI: #25 vs #148).
- Chase Tapley is ranked 5th in the Mountain West in three-pointers.
- We just win. San Diego State has more wins over the last 5 years than Fresno State (148 vs 76).
- The San Diego State assist leader (Jamaal Franklin, 73 assists) has more assists than the Fresno State assist leader (Allen Huddleston, 38 assists).
- Boom! San Diego State defeated Fresno State by 3 points the last time they played (Jan 09, 2013).
- Jamaal Franklin is ranked 3rd in the Mountain West in points, 48th nationally in rebounds, 7th in the Mountain West in assists, 4th in the Mountain West in steals, and 7th in the Mountain West in blocks.
- San Diego State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on San Diego State is 78.0 inches compared to 77.0 inches for Fresno State.
- The San Diego State three-point leader (Chase Tapley, 45 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Fresno State three-point leader (Kevin Olekaibe, 36 three-pointers).
|C||Jerry Brown Jr||28||6||5||1||1||1||1|
|D+||Dwayne Polee II||11||2||2||0||0||0||1|