Charleston vs. Chattanooga: Full Game Preview
|Charleston||A Lawrence 13.7||A Baru 8.5||A Lawrence 4.2|
|Chattanooga||Z Mason 14.3||Z Mason 7.3||R White 2.7|
Chattanooga hosts College of Charleston at McKenzie Arena on Saturday. It starts at 7:30 p.m. EST. The Mocs lost to the Cougars 86-59 on Jan. 12 and are 2-6 against them over the last four years.
Chattanooga is in eigth place in the conference, College of Charleston is in second place.
The 22 points and 7 rebounds by Gee McGhee helped the Mocs to an 89-76 victory over Citadel on Feb. 7. He is averaging 11.3 points per game while also contributing a team-high 1.4 steals per game. For the Cougars, Anthony Thomas put up 12 points and 7 rebounds in the 69-65 win over Samford on Feb. 7. He contributes 4.9 rebounds per game in addition to his 8.5 points per game.
College of Charleston StatSmack
- At least you keep showing up. Chattanooga has an average margin of victory of 7 over College of Charleston in 11 wins since 1994.
- Chattanooga is better under pressure, and has defeated College of Charleston in 5 out of the last 9 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Chattanooga takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than College of Charleston (2 vs 0).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Chattanooga has a stronger schedule than College of Charleston this season (SOS Rank: #225 vs #302).
- The Chattanooga scoring leader (Z Mason, 315 points) has more points than the College of Charleston scoring leader (Andrew Lawrence, 292 points).
- Gee McGhee is ranked 7th in SoCon in steals.
- Z Mason is ranked 8th in SoCon in points, 2nd in SoCon in rebounds, and 8th in SoCon in blocks.