Saint Joseph's vs. Massachusetts: Full Game Preview
|Saint Joseph's||C Jones 14.9||R Roberts Jr. 8.8||C Wilson 3.7|
|Massachusetts||C Williams 16.4||C Lalanne 6.5||C Williams 7.0|
Massachusetts hosts St. Joseph's (PA) at William D. Mullins Center on Saturday. Tipoff is at 2 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN 2. The Minutemen are 5-3 against the Hawks over the last four years. They fell 73-62 on Feb. 11, 2012, the last time they met.
Massachusetts is fourth in the A-10 and St. Joseph's (PA) is in ninth. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In an 81-53 beatdown of Rhode Island on Feb. 6, Chaz Williams put up 27 points and 8 assists for the Minutemen. He contributes team-best marks with 16.4 points per game, 7 assists per game, and 2 steals per game. For the Hawks, Halil Kanacevic finished with 9 points and 9 rebounds in the 60-54 loss to Dayton on Feb. 6. He contributes 7.4 rebounds per game in addition to his 9 points per game.
St. Joseph's (PA) StatSmack
- Massachusetts has an average margin of victory of 10 over St. Joseph's in 32 wins since 1982.
- Even computers respect Massachusetts more. Massachusetts has a better RPI this season than St. Joseph's (RPI: No. 53 vs. No. 85).
- Chaz Williams is ranked 7th in the A-10 in points, 11th nationally in assists, and 7th in the A-10 in steals.
- The Massachusetts assist leader (Chaz Williams, 147 assists) has more assists than the St. Joseph's assist leader (Chris Wilson, 78 assists).
- Since 1998, Massachusetts has recruited more Top 50 high school players than St. Joseph's (one vs. zero).
- Massachusetts has a better overall winning percentage over the last five years (52.7 percent to 47.7 percent).
- Massachusetts has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than St. Joseph's ($30,294 vs. $48,704).
- Massachusetts has a better conference record than St. Joseph's this season (5-3 vs. 4-4).
- The Massachusetts steals leader (Chaz Williams, 43 steals) has more steals than the St. Joseph's steals leader (Langston Galloway, 24 steals).
- Massachusetts is ranked higher than St. Joseph's in the A-10 (No. 4 vs. No. 9).
|B||R. Roberts Jr.||32||11||9||1||1||1||2|