Lafayette vs. Navy: Full Game Preview
|Lafayette||S Hinrichs 14.7||S Hinrichs 5.0||T Johnson 4.8|
|Navy||W Smith 10.0||W Smith 5.9||T Dunbar 5.1|
On Saturday, Navy plays host to Lafayette at Alumni Hall (MD). It takes place at 7 p.m. EST. The Midshipmen fell to the Leopards 64-47 on Jan. 12 and are 2-7 against them over the last four years.
Navy is currently in eigth place in the conference and Lafayette is in third. Navy has lost four straight.
In their last outing, despite 15 points from Kevin Alter, the Midshipmen fell to Bucknell 69-54 on Feb. 2. He is averaging 4.6 points and 0.8 rebounds per game. For the Leopards, Seth Hinrichs finished with 18 points and 8 rebounds in the 68-64 loss to American University on Feb. 2. With 14.7 points per game and 5 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Lafayette has an edge in a single key statistical category, scoring, where the Leopards have the upper hand over the Midshipmen, 67 points per game to 57 points per game. When considering the Four Factors, Lafayette performs well in effective field goal percentage at 52.4 percent. This ranks second in the conference and 47th in the country.
- The Navy rebounding leader (Worth Smith, 136 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Lafayette rebounding leader (Seth Hinrichs, 119 rebounds).
- It must sting. Navy has blown out Lafayette by 20 points or more on 5 occasions since 1996.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Navy has come back to win after being down at half against Lafayette 4 times since 1996.
- The Navy assist leader (Tilman Dunbar, 117 assists) has more assists than the Lafayette assist leader (Tony Johnson, 115 assists).
- Tilman Dunbar is ranked 43rd nationally in assists.
- Navy is better at defending the three (30.8% allowed vs 34.9% allowed) than Lafayette this season.
- Navy has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Lafayette (#15 vs #57).
- Navy has a better scoring defense (60.9 allowed per game vs 70.0 allowed per game) than Lafayette this season.
- Worth Smith is ranked 6th in the Patriot in rebounds, 8th in the Patriot in steals, and 4th in the Patriot in blocks.
- Navy has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Lafayette (#85 vs #283).