Texas-Pan American vs. Utah Valley: Full Game Preview
|Texas-Pan American||B Provost 25.0||B Provost 7.0||B Provost 6.0|
|Utah Valley||B Aird 14.1||B Aird 8.6||N Thompson 4.2|
On Saturday, Utah Valley University hosts Texas-Pan American at UCCU Center. The game gets underway at 9:05 p.m. EST and it can be seen on UVU-TV. The Wolverines lost to the Broncs 62-60 on Jan. 19 and are 5-3 against them over the last four years.
Utah Valley University is currently in fourth place in the conference and Texas-Pan American is in first.
In their last outing, despite 15 points and 8 rebounds from Ben Aird, the Wolverines fell to Cal State Bakersfield 75-62 on Feb. 2. He leads the team in points with 14.1 per game, rebounds with 8.6 per game, and blocks with 2 per game. For the Broncs, Brandon Provost finished with 24 points in the 75-73 loss to New Orleans on Feb. 6. He contributes 3.9 rebounds per game in addition to his 14.4 points per game.
Texas-Pan American StatSmack
- The Utah Valley University steals leader (Holton Hunsaker, 28 steals) has more steals than the Texas-Pan American steals leader (Aaron Urbanus, 27 steals).
- Even computers respect Utah Valley University more. We have a better RPI this season than Texas-Pan American (RPI: #294 vs #312).
- Utah Valley University is better under pressure, and has defeated Texas-Pan American in 4 out of the last 6 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Utah Valley University has come back to win after being down at half against Texas-Pan American 4 times since 2004.
- Utah Valley University is a better free-throw-shooting team (70.2% vs 62.3%) than Texas-Pan American this season.
- We just win. Utah Valley University has more wins over the last 5 years than Texas-Pan American (93 vs 63).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Utah Valley University has a stronger schedule than Texas-Pan American this season (SOS Rank: #330 vs #344).
- Utah Valley University has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (54.17% to 30.61%).
- At least you keep showing up. Utah Valley University has an average margin of victory of 10 over Texas-Pan American in 11 wins since 2004.
- Utah Valley University is better at defending the three (31.4% allowed vs 35.9% allowed) than Texas-Pan American this season.