|Missouri State||A Downing 14.0||A Downing 4.5||A Downing 2.7|
|Wichita State||C Early 14.6||C Hall 7.5||M Armstead 4.0|
Missouri State heads to Charles Koch Arena on Saturday to take on Wichita State. It starts at 7:30 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN3.com or MVC-TV. The Bears lost to the Shockers 62-52 on Jan. 23 and are 3-8 against them over the last four years.
Missouri State is in seventh place in the conference, Wichita State is in second place.
The Bears fell 48-37 to Northern Iowa on Feb. 5. Anthony Downing finished with 9 points and 7 rebounds in the loss. He contributes team-best marks with 14 points per game, 4.5 rebounds per game, and 2.7 assists per game. The Shockers were defeated by Southern Illinois 64-62 on Feb. 5 despite 15 points and 7 rebounds from Demetric Williams. He contributes 2.5 assists per game in addition to his 8.8 points per game.
In reviewing statistical differences between the teams, Wichita State appears to have an edge in two significant areas. The Shockers have an advantage over the Bears in rebounding, with an average of 38 per game to 30 per game. In addition, Wichita State has the edge in scoring, 68 points per game to 60 points per game.
However, the Bears turn it over less, 10 per game to 13 per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Wichita State is strong in the following categories: defensive rebounding percentage at 74.0 percent and offensive rebounding percentage at 37.6 percent.
Wichita State StatSmack
- Anthony Downing is ranked 8th in the Missouri Valley in points.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Missouri State has a stronger schedule than Wichita State this season (SOS Rank: #39 vs #106).
- Missouri State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (61.74% to 54.36%).
- It must sting. Missouri State has blown out Wichita State by 20 points or more on 4 occasions since 1997.
- At least you keep showing up. Missouri State has an average margin of victory of 12 over Wichita State in 28 wins since 1987.
|C-||Fred Van Vleet||15||3||2||2||1||0||1|