Lehigh vs. Holy Cross: Full Game Preview
|Lehigh||C McCollum 23.9||H Greiner 6.6||M McKnight 5.0|
|Holy Cross||D Dudzinski 15.8||D Dudzinski 7.0||J Burrell 3.2|
On Saturday, Lehigh travels to Hart Center to take on Holy Cross. The game tips off at 4 p.m. EST. The Mountain Hawks defeated the Crusaders 79-47 on Jan. 12 and are 5-4 against them over the past four years.
Lehigh is in first place in the conference, Holy Cross is in seventh place.
In an 85-76 win over Army on Feb. 3, Mackey McKnight put up 21 points and 5 assists for the Mountain Hawks. With 5 assists per game and 1.5 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. For the Crusaders, Dave Dudzinski put up 15 points and 8 rebounds in the 63-45 loss to Colgate on Feb. 2. With 15.8 points per game and 7 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Lehigh appears to have a key statistical advantage over Holy Cross in one area, scoring, where the Mountain Hawks have an edge over the Crusaders, 75 points per game to 60 points per game.
Holy Cross StatSmack
- At least you keep showing up. Lehigh has an average margin of victory of 9 over Holy Cross in 16 wins since 1990.
- Lehigh is better under pressure, and has defeated Holy Cross in 4 out of the last 7 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Bethlehem isn't as congested as Worcester (population is significantly lower).
- Better not leave your building. Lehigh has a better record on the road than Holy Cross this season (8-3 vs 4-8).
- Boom! Lehigh humiliated Holy Cross by 32 points the last time they played (Jan 12, 2013).
- We just win. Lehigh has more wins over the last 5 years than Holy Cross (110 vs 75).
- You get an A for effort, but Lehigh has emerged victorious against Holy Cross the last 2 times they've played.
- Even computers respect Lehigh more. We have a better RPI this season than Holy Cross (RPI: #81 vs #247).
- The Lehigh steals leader (Mackey McKnight, 32 steals) has more steals than the Holy Cross steals leader (Jordan Stevens, 21 steals).
- We make our fans proud. Lehigh has a better record at home than Holy Cross this season (7-2 vs 5-3).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Lehigh has a stronger schedule than Holy Cross this season (SOS Rank: #234 vs #307).