|Iowa State||W Clyburn 15.2||M Ejim 9.3||K Lucious 5.6|
|Kansas State||R McGruder 14.6||T Gipson 5.5||A Rodriguez 4.8|
On Saturday, No. 13 Kansas State welcomes Iowa State at Bramlage Coliseum. Tipoff is at 6 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN 2. The Wildcats lost to the Cyclones 73-67 on Jan. 26 and are 5-4 against them over the last four years.
Iowa State is in third place in the Big 12 and will be trying to close the gap with Kansas State, who is currently in first place.
In a 68-59 win over Texas Tech on Feb. 5, Rodney McGruder put up 18 points and 9 rebounds for the Wildcats. His 14.6 points per game is the highest mark on the team. In an 83-64 blowout of Oklahoma on Feb. 4, Will Clyburn put up 19 points and 5 rebounds for the Cyclones. He leads the team with 15.2 points per game. A key area of strength for Iowa State is effective field goal percentage at 52.9 percent, which ranks first in their conference (and 38th nationally).
Iowa State StatSmack
- Better not leave your building. Kansas State has a better record on the road than Iowa State this season (5-1 vs 2-4).
- The Kansas State blocks leader (Jordan Henriquez, 37 blocks) has more blocks than the Iowa State blocks leader (Percy Gibson, 17 blocks).
- How does our back look? Kansas State is ranked higher than Iowa State in the Big 12 (#1 vs #3).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Kansas State has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Iowa State (4 vs 1).
- Kansas State takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Iowa State (4 vs 2).
- Kansas State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (71.25% to 55.92%).
- Kansas State has a better scoring defense (57.8 allowed per game vs 67.4 allowed per game) than Iowa State this season.
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Kansas State is superior to Iowa State (Latest AP Poll: #13 vs Not Ranked).
- At least you keep showing up. Kansas State has an average margin of victory of 10 over Iowa State in 36 wins since 1980.
- AP voters think more highly of Kansas State and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Iowa State (53 vs 3).
- Angel Rodriguez is ranked 6th in the Big 12 in assists.