South Dakota State vs. Oakland: Full Game Preview
|South Dakota State||N Wolters 22.2||J Dykstra 7.1||N Wolters 5.5|
|Oakland||T Bader 21.8||C Petros 8.1||D Mondy 5.0|
On Saturday, South Dakota State travels to Athletics Center Arena to take on Oakland. It gets started at 5 p.m. EST and you can see it on FS-DET. The Jackrabbits defeated the Golden Grizzlies 81-74 on Jan. 10 and are 3-8 against them over the past four years.
Oakland is in fourth place in the conference and South Dakota State is in first place. South Dakota State has won its last eight games.
The 53 points by Nate Wolters helped the Jackrabbits to an 80-74 victory over IPFW on Feb. 7. The do-it-all performer chips in a team-leading 22.2 points per game, 5.5 assists per game, and 1.8 steals per game. For the Golden Grizzlies, Drew Valentine finished with 10 points and 6 rebounds in the 66-63 win over North Dakota State on Feb. 7. He contributes 6.6 rebounds per game in addition to his 9.3 points per game. Oakland ranks second in their conference in free throw rate at 41.8 percent, which also places them 38th in the country.
- The South Dakota State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Oakland (88% vs 75%).
- At least you keep showing up. South Dakota State has an average margin of victory of 8 over Oakland in 3 wins since 2007.
- Tony Fiegen is ranked 9th in the Summit League in rebounds.
- South Dakota State does a better job contesting shots (43.9% allowed vs 50.0% allowed) than Oakland this season.
- South Dakota State has a better scoring defense (65.0 allowed per game vs 73.8 allowed per game) than Oakland this season.
- South Dakota State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on South Dakota State is 212 lbs compared to 205 lbs for Oakland.
- South Dakota State has a better conference record than Oakland this season (9-2 vs 6-4).
- It's only wins and losses, but South Dakota State has a better overall record than Oakland this season (18-6 vs 11-13).
- Better not leave your building. South Dakota State has a better record on the road than Oakland this season (5-6 vs 3-12).
- The South Dakota State blocks leader (Jordan Dykstra, 15 blocks) has more blocks than the Oakland blocks leader (Duke Mondy, 8 blocks).
- We make our fans proud. South Dakota State has a better record at home than Oakland this season (11-0 vs 7-1).
|D-||Lloyd Neely II||8||1||1||0||0||0||1|