Marshall vs. UAB: Full Game Preview
|Marshall||E Pittman 15.1||D Tinnon 9.1||D Kane 7.4|
|UAB||R Rucker 14.0||R Rucker 8.0||T Jones 3.9|
On Saturday, Marshall heads to Bartow Arena to take on UAB. It takes place at 3 p.m. EST. The Thundering Herd are 2-6 against the Blazers over the last four years. They fell 56-49 on Jan. 25, 2012, the last time they met.
UAB is in 10th place in the conference and Marshall is in seventh place.
In spite of 23 points from Elijah Pittman, the Thundering Herd came up short 91-75 against Tulane on Feb. 6. He leads the team with 15.1 points per game. In a 70-63 victory over Tulsa on Feb. 6, Quincy Taylor put up 14 points and 6 assists for the Blazers. He contributes 2.6 assists per game in addition to his 3.3 points per game.
- The Marshall rebounding leader (Dennis Tinnon, 210 rebounds) has more rebounds than the UAB rebounding leader (Rod Rucker, 176 rebounds).
- Marshall is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Marshall is 214 lbs compared to 206 lbs for UAB.
- Marshall is ranked higher than UAB in C-USA (No. 7 vs. No. 10).
- The Marshall blocks leader (Nigel Spikes, 39 blocks) has more blocks than the UAB blocks leader (Rod Rucker, 16 blocks).
- The Marshall scoring leader (Elijah Pittman, 348 points) has more points than the UAB scoring leader (Rod Rucker, 309 points).
- Elijah Pittman is ranked 6th in C-USA in points and 9th in C-USA in three-pointers.
- Marshall is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Marshall is 78.5 inches compared to 76.5 inches for UAB.
- Dennis Tinnon is ranked 30th nationally in rebounds.
- The Marshall assist leader (DeAndre Kane, 141 assists) has more assists than the UAB assist leader (Terence Jones, 86 assists).
- The Marshall steals leader (DeAndre Kane, 33 steals) has more steals than the UAB steals leader (Jordan Swing, 30 steals).
- The Marshall three-point leader (D.D. Scarver, 53 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the UAB three-point leader (Jordan Swing, 40 three-pointers).